sunsetdk

Portal Pro
October 18, 2005
Nordborg
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi this is my command use to run the program

Code:
java -jar "e:\java tvguide\webReader.jar" --output "e:\XMLTV\dk.xml" --TimeZone +0200 --channelfile "channels-tv.xml" --DRcategory

This will place the XML file in a folder, I then import this file later (but you can just change the path to be directly into 4TR)

Regarding the time. For some reason you have to set timezone to +0200 in summer time and +0100 when summertime ends

JACOB B

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi this is my command use to run the program

Code:
java -jar "e:\java tvguide\webReader.jar" --output "e:\XMLTV\dk.xml" --TimeZone +0200 --channelfile "channels-tv.xml" --DRcategory

This will place the XML file in a folder, I then import this file later (but you can just change the path to be directly into 4TR)

Regarding the time. For some reason you have to set timezone to +0200 in summer time and +0100 when summertime ends

I have just been using the basic command:
call java -jar "C:\Program Files\For The Record\Services\XMLTV\test\webReader.jar"
I didn't know I could add stuff :cool:

What does the --DRcategory do? :D

And how do you import the xml later? And why? Why not dump it into the FTR XMLTV folder right away? Do you use other grappers as well?

Jacob

sunsetdk

Portal Pro
October 18, 2005
Nordborg
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
HI

The DRCATEGORY downloads categories from DR tv as well (it was needed in the older versions of the ripper, not sure if it is anymore)

I do not import the file straight away as I was told that it was a better idea to do it out of the 4TR busy hours by the 4TR developers. I can also see that my system does slow down when the file is imported. So I import my file as 3 in the night I think it is.

All I have is a batch file that moves the file from where the ripper dumps it to 4TR.

move "source file" "dest file"

René

Pinderup

September 18, 2010
Hi
seams like i cant figure out how to make the epg work. I dont know how to find out whats wrong.
I followed the quick guide - I think :)
If I want to test if the scheduler works - how can i see that? Is there a file or something to look for.
I have no tvguide.xml file. In the mapping there is a lot of tuning channels but no guide channels found.

Hope someone can help a newbee :)

System:
win 7 ult. (danish)
latest java
media portal 1.1.0
latest release of the grabber
Hauppauge PVR 500 analog tuner
HDhomerun DVB-C dualtuner
FireDTV tuner

sunsetdk

Portal Pro
October 18, 2005
Nordborg
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Step one. Make sure that you have JRE(Java Runtime Environment) installed. You can find this at java.com.

Place the webreader.jar file in a folder on your C driver called tvGuide along with the other files in the download.

Run the following statement in a CMD:

Code:
java -jar "c:\tvguide\webReader.jar" --output "c:\tvguide\dk.xml" --TimeZone +0200 --channelfile "channels-tv.xml" --DRcategory

I hope that my info helped.

Biografen

Portal Pro
June 5, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
#64 Pinderup ...... You can put PAUSE on a new and last line in batch file, then you can see if the script has been running, and you can see what it says

Pinderup

September 18, 2010
Hi #66. Found the bug. Thanks.
#65 tried to run your script - here's the outcome:
Is it because i dont have permissions enough ? I use an administrator account with password! - the file is not write protected.
C:\Users\Stue>java -jar "c:\programData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\x
mltv\webReader.jar" --output "c:\programData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Ser
ver\xmltv\dk.xml" --TimeZone +0200 --channelfile "channels-tv.xml" --DRcategory
DR EPG Ripper - Version 0.95.1
By Rune Dahl Joergensen. Report bugs to Rune_dahl@hotmail.com
Unable to open file: channels-tv.xml

sgatke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I used to have RuneDJ's excellent epg grabber running on my old Windows XP based MediaPortal.
    Recently, I have installed a new media center, running Windows 7.
    I have problems getting the epg grabber to work.

Here is what I have done:
    Downloaded version 0.95.1 from DR.dk EPG ripper and unzipped in c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal tv server\xmltv
    I have edited channels-tv.xml with Notepad++ and commented (#) the channels I don't need.
    Then I run the runguide.bat file (and I can se it runs without errors as I added a pause command at the end), and the tvguide.xml file is created.
    In TV SERVER CONFIG I can load/refresh the list in the Mappings tab (but I can not remove the tick from "visible in guide").
    On the General tab, when I hit Import I get an error message in the box saying "tvguide.xml invalid XML file. An error occurred while par..."

I have also tried with the "vanilla" tv-channels.xml supplied in the download of the epg grabber. This gives me the same result.

Does anyone have a hint of what to do?

My system is:
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    MediaPortal 1.1.1
    Java versions installed: 32-bit and 64-bit

Any help is appreciated. I have previously used this grabber and I know it works. I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong this time.

Thanks, Simon

ChriZ

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    In TV SERVER CONFIG I can load/refresh the list in the Mappings tab (but I can not remove the tick from "visible in guide").
    On the General tab, when I hit Import I get an error message in the box saying "tvguide.xml invalid XML file. An error occurred while par..."

I am getting the same error in Win7 x86 - used to work perfect in Win XP - maybe there's something with xml and win7 ??

EDIT: I think there was a new release today, it works for me now...

/ChriZ

ddkserv

May 23, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi all,

Just want to share my installing experience with you all.

I had a little trouble setting up the system on my Windows 7 HTPC.
    I found out that the latest Version 0.97.0 did not contain the channel-tv.xml (damnit).
    I found channel-tv.xml in the eairler Version 0.92.

Also an important note for you people that setup Task scheduler for Windows 7
    In the start in path don't use qoutes (") at all.
    Vista Task Scheduler can't run OK *.BAT file - Vista Forums

I am now able to make a tvguide.xml file with the tool and run it via the task scheduler but my mediaportal is still blank in EPG.
    I cannot figure out where I went wrong. Maybe it will work tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom