Definitive DTS-MA/DTHD HD Audio in MP thread... Let's do it! (1 Viewer)

crimz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Still... this is if you have the hardware to support it!

If your hardware doesent support hd sound, dont ever expect it to work.

crimz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    You might want to add to your guide that you still need something like Anydvd HD installed to be able to playback BDs from disc.

Ohh, yes... youre right... :) Didnt thought about that... dont use anydvd myself ;)

BMan

Portal Member
    August 29, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    First you need the proper hardware. I got HD audio working with a ASUS Xonar audio card. I created a guide and posted it in a different thread. I've posted it here again to make life easy.

I got tired of the loud fan on my video card so I upgraded to a fanless ATI 5570 card. I also have HD audio working with it. I posted the guide here too.

Attachments

• MediaPortal Bitstreaming with Xonar.pdf
      1.1 MB
    • Media Portal Bitstreaming with ATI5000.pdf
      1 MB

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Ati 5450 can be had for under £50, so probably around the €50 euro mark as well and that will output the HD sound formats.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    My problem with getting bitstreaming to work, is that if I register the matroskasplitter.ax file, then alot of my mkv and .ts files just won't play from within MP (although MPCHC) plays them just fine. If I just install haali media splitter, then all my files play fine, but any with the DTSHD or TrueHD then just stutter and won't playback properly.

Does anyone know why would I would have such issues with the matroskasplitter.ax?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    My problem with getting bitstreaming to work, is that if I register the matroskasplitter.ax file, then alot of my mkv and .ts files just won't play from within MP (although MPCHC) plays them just fine. If I just install haali media splitter, then all my files play fine, but any with the DTSHD or TrueHD then just stutter and won't playback properly.

Does anyone know why would I would have such issues with the matroskasplitter.ax?

You need to define mediatypes in registry for MKV, M2TS, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom