tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: Checkout errors

WhatHappend said:
    James said:
    There is a good guide for how to download the code using tortoiseSVN here:

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/mpwiki/MediaPortalDevelopment/MediaPortalSVN

/James

Are the following errors during TortoiseSVN Checkout normal?

Error: REPORT request failed on '/svnroot/mediaportal/!svn/vcc/default'
    Error: REPORT of '/svnroot/mediaportal/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response body: Secure connection truncated (https://svn.sourceforge.net)

That is happening sometimes, just try again couple of times. Tortoise will continue from the last point when the connection dropped.

madsrh

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2006
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm not a developer :cry:
    I know a little Visual Basic, but that's all.
    Thought about looking at C# but knowing how much time a real developer would spend on helping me or correcting my errors, it's just not worth it.

I could do something in Flash or Photoshop, if it's needed? Thought about makeing some promotion material.

MadsRH
    Aalborg - Denmark
    MadsRH(a)Gmail.com

TNDAri

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2006
    GER - Bremen
    madsrh said:
    I'm not a developer :cry:
    I know a little Visual Basic, but that's all.
    Thought about looking at C# but knowing how much time a real developer would spend on helping me or correcting my errors, it's just not worth it.

I could do something in Flash or Photoshop, if it's needed? Thought about makeing some promotion material.

MadsRH
    Aalborg - Denmark
    MadsRH(a)Gmail.com

I started dev with reading mayn tutorials and how-to's on the web. Just google around. There is much to learn ;) And the ret is learning by doing....

Markus1972

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2006
    Hi,

i'm an Master in Computer Science. Or here in good old Germany, an Dipl. Inf.

At work i program in C++, XML and Transact SQL.
    Private i write Software for Schools in C#.

i have also good knowledge in MS SQL-Server.

Perhaps i can help. I will be probably interested in an development of the MyRadio plugin, with a lot more functionality

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Markus1972 said:
    Hi,

i'm an Master in Computer Science. Or here in good old Germany, an Dipl. Inf.

At work i program in C++, XML and Transact SQL.
    Private i write Software for Schools in C#.

i have also good knowledge in MS SQL-Server.

Perhaps i can help. I will be probably interested in an development of the MyRadio plugin, with a lot more functionality

You're more than welcome to contact me @ MSN for more information. Currently our "chief" dman_LFC is on holiday, so I'll talk to you in the meantime.

Looking fwd to hearing from you.

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    I planned to get stuck in, having done assembly/c/c++ etc for 20 years, (not much c#), but having got the development environment up and running, source all compiled and running, I couldn't seem to get the debugger to break properly (at least not in database.cs where I wanted it to break)? I tried asking on here and IRC but there's not really anyone about, so after about a week of mucking about, frustration has set in and I've pretty much given up.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I planned to get stuck in, having done assembly/c/c++ etc for 20 years, (not much c#), but having got the development environment up and running, source all compiled and running, I couldn't seem to get the debugger to break properly (at least not in database.cs where I wanted it to break)? I tried asking on here and IRC but there's not really anyone about, so after about a week of mucking about, frustration has set in and I've pretty much given up.

Make sure that you are running MP from Visua Studio in debuging mode and not in release mode. Also you need to copy all other files than .svn and postbuild.bat from MediaPortal\xbmc\bin\Release to MediaPortal\xbmc\bin\Debug before you can run MP in debug mode.

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    OK I realised the issue, I have to go into the properties for each module individually and turn off optimisations, some of them also need 'allow unsafe code' turned on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom