DiGiMatrix plugin for Remote Control (1 Viewer)

maniac's

Portal Pro
July 7, 2004
Paris, FRANCE
Hi guys,

In this page you can find a plugin for Mediaportal that allows DiGiMatrix owners to use their remote control with Mediaportal !

Easy install for easier control ! :p

A

Anonymous

how to configure the remote plugin

hello maniac's,
first of all thank's a lot for your great work!!!!
is there some configuration file which can be created to manage the buttons ???
for example the volume buttons don't work...
is there a solution to add new functionnality of your plugin ???

maniac's

Portal Pro
July 7, 2004
Paris, FRANCE
Salut Mordor_fr !!
#Hi Mordor_fr !! :)

For the moment the plugin is just a beta version ! Of course I think that the plugin will evolve regarding your needs (and mediaportal changes).

Now keys configuration is static but I think about change to dynamic config to allow users to customize the use of their remote control.

I have to think a bit how customizable I have to do it... A key config for the entire application or a key config for each screen ?

thanks for the bug report ! I will check that point.

A

Anonymous

digimatrix remote plugin bug??

hello maniac,
i tried to use several times your plugin but medial portal freezes
after one or two actions...
my MP version is 0.1.0.0
i didn't use with the latest version of MP , because your plugin is not recognized...

maniac's

Portal Pro
July 7, 2004
Paris, FRANCE
mordor_fr,

I have no problem with the DiGiMatrix Remote Control plugin since the version 0.1.0.0 !!!

I've got problems only with the DiGiMatrix Radio plugin !

What are the symptoms (this is not a plugin that appears with an interface in MP)?
Does the plugins not appear in the configuration.exe/plugins section ?

N

nosami

Hi Maniac,

First of all, thanks for the hard work in writing the device driver for the digimatrix.

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. I installed the driver first. This shows up in device manager as DigimatrixIr. I disabled the ITE CIR driver (Is this right?).

I next installed your mediaportal plugin. This showed up in the configuration screen and I enabled it. I have Girder 3.3 installed but I am not using it as I am under the impression that your MediaPortal plugin doesn't require it.

Are there any prerequisites that your driver needs, i.e. HomeTheater etc? I uninstalled this using the instructions on your website.

I'm not sure what to do now. I think I've followed your instructions correctly but the remote doesn't do anything.

Thanks for any help.

N

nosami

In the device manger properties for DigimatrixIr there is the following information in the Conflicting device list:

Memory Range 00000310 - 00000316 not available.
Memory Range 0000002E - 0000002E not available.

IRQ 07 is available

Could this be what is causing the problem? If I do a View->Resources by Type in device manager it would appear that "System board" is using this memory range.

M

mercrapper

Problems with the DigiMartix Remote Plugin

Hi Again Maniac,

I installed the remote plugin, but not all of the buttons seem to work.
I'm not sure if it's because I did someting wrong, or if it's because I have a different remote then the one you show on your web site.

The only buttons that seem to work are the scroll buttons, the ok button and the power button.

Nothing else is responding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

maniac's

Portal Pro
July 7, 2004
Paris, FRANCE
Ok,

Could you send me a picture of the "new" remote ?

Of course If they changed the remote control IR codes, my plugin will not support that new version.

However, it is possible to add its support if only IR codes have changed. I think that if they had changed anything but the IR codes, that won't work at all !

Plz, contact me by mail !

Users who are viewing this thread