Direct3D could not be created after resume (2 Viewers)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    If MP isnt starting via task scheduler you set something up wrong :) (Had this too on first try but don't remember what the error was). But indeed there will be a delay if you set it up this way.

If its a dedicated htpc you could try this too:
    I use, MP as Shell, Explorer don't start. but i use Logon Script; because RunKey don't work if Explorer.exe is not used as shell look PDF available here : BootSkin - MePo 3D - for Windows 7/

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    If MP isnt starting via task scheduler you set something up wrong :) (Had this too on first try but don't remember what the error was). But indeed there will be a delay if you set it up this way.

If its a dedicated htpc you could try this too:
    I use, MP as Shell, Explorer don't start. but i use Logon Script; because RunKey don't work if Explorer.exe is not used as shell look PDF available here : BootSkin - MePo 3D - for Windows 7/

Yes, I look into this again. My ultimate goal is also to set up htpc as Azzuro did, that is, without explorer as shell, using directly MP as shell. I hope it will solve the issue. That overall brings the best dedicated HTPC experience, and if everything is working correctly, there is no need to have explorer as shell. In any case, it is easy to start explorer via task manager if some configuration is needed, especially via remote desktop access, as I use remote desktop to make adjustments anyway.
    With MP set as shell, and Windows logon and boot backgrounds customized, with the speed of SSD, the windows based htpc running MP starts even quicker than an Amiko Alien, or an Enigma2 based stb (VU+ or DM), but much more powerful. If I achieve this with an existing version of MP and set of plugins I use without irritating bugs (like this one is), I will not update anything. As a rule, if something works good for you and is able to do everything you need, don't touch that system:)

Dainara

Portal Member
    January 8, 2011
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, i have the same Problem too, i start MePo as shell and i found a easy way to fix the Problem,
    i write an batch file to test something, couse when i let autostart mepo, it hang on direct3d, than i have to close it with Task Manager, than i can mepo normaly start
    ok i try to write an batch file what do exactly this

here is the code for the mepostart.bat

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe"
    timeout /t 5
    taskkill /F /IM MediaPortal.exe /T
    start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe"

put the batch file into your autostart or in your shell script and deactivate autostart mepo in mepo configuration
    this batch works for me in windows 7 64bit

1. line starts mepo
    2. line is an sleep command
    3. kills everything with mepo
    4. line starts mepo again

try it and let me know if it work for you too :)
    ByeBye Dainara

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

I have made maybe a fix for it but like i couldn't reproduce the issue, i couldn't really test, it's an ugly workaround but maybe ok after all :)
    In code i have add a loop to try to init MP only when D3D is available.
    So in theory it should work and mp start correctly.

I will try with 'always on top' checked to see how it does.

I can supply a bin for testing againt 1.6.0 Pre release :)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Are you able to try ?
    I am terribly sorry, but can't test currently. The system were I had the issue is my productive htpc and family isn't happy when I am testing things with it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom