Discussion: Find and Download Subtitles (2 Viewers)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No concrete timetable for now, but be sure that this will happen, as I have the same requirement for MP2 :)
    I think the more people agree on this requirement the more priority or sooner attention it will get :whistle:

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    So where can I vote for this feature? :D Are there really no one out who need this? It's a basic requirement for a HTPC Software ;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Realkane recently checked the support for forced subtitles. Maybe he can help with external sub support as well? Unfortunately I don't know myself what the player / filter needs to know to support this.

commander197

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2008
    Hi, I don't tested the new Branch with subtitles now. Do you use the xysubfilter with the new interface for high resultion rendering in this branch? If yes, i will switch to mp2 to test it.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem with external subtitle files is how to find them:
    The dshow graph is currently playing a stream from the DotNetStreamSource filter, so the usual lookup of the Subtitle filter: for files with the same name as the playing file in the current or a configured folder will not work. (Same would have been if playing from the Dokan drive because the additional files would never have been mounted).

So we need to find a way for MP2 to provide these external files (could be more than one) to the subtitle filter.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    for files with the same name as the playing file
    Also files with their language in the filename. For example:
    Movie.mkv
    Movie.English.srt
    That is the pattern I use. MP1 shows later in the subtitle menu the English postfix as a English subtitle.

Realkane

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, sry, currently not. I actually have much work in RL, I hope I got some time soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom