[DIY] AtmoOrb - A Hue like mood lamp based on Arduino, ESP8266 wifi module and WS2812B rgb leds (1 Viewer)

March 8, 2015
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
I dont know. I dont really know what your setup is like and what you want to do.
How does your DMX transceiver output? Still wifi? If so, and it can open a simple udp/tcp socket, then yeah it should be fairly easy to adjust the Arduino sketch.
Actually is just a kind of converter to rgb led strip, what has 4 wires. I am not using the WS2812B.
DMX is a kind of communication between the arduino and the other board, that converts to RGB.
DMX.jpg

This is the board.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hm - as this Philips is Crap - good looking but crap - well - I have teh skills but no idea what is required to burn your Code on the arduino ... can you point me to some infos about this basics?

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have teh skills but no idea what is required to burn your Code on the arduino ... can you point me to some infos about this basics?

In most cases, a usb cable and the arduino ide. In some cases (where the arduino does not have a usb connector) you will need a usb to ttl adapter aswell.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

there are more than one way to opload the code to the arduino. The simplest one is to install the Arduino IDE. Then load the *.ino file of AtmoOrb.
    Now you need to install the libraries which are needed for AtmoOrb. As far as i know this should be these...

- Adafruit_CC3000
    - Adafruit_NeoPixel

To get these libraries click on "Sketch" -> "include library"-> "Manage libraries". Search for the libraries and install it.
    Now you should be able to compile the AtmoOrb sketch. To upload it to your arduino got to "Werkzeuge" -> "Platine" (i got the german version installed...dont know how this menu item is named in english version) select your arduino. Finally you need to select your programmer via "Werkzeuge" -> "Programmer".
    but i dont know which type of programmer you need to select.... But i think @Lightning303 can answer this question :)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Stupid me ... using the wrong version all teh time - instead of teh esp one I used teh CC which - of course is not going to work ...

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hm ... back again :)

When I set in atmowin to IP I get this in the console:

IP: 192.168.0.150

AT+CIFSR

+CIFSR:confused:TAIP,"192.168.0.150"
    +CIFSR:confused:TAMAC,"18:fe:34:a2:43:a3"

OK

AtmoOrb:stripe:address:192.168.0.150,49692;
    busy s...

0,CONNECT
    0,CLOSED

when i set to UDP I get only

IP: 192.168.0.150

AT+CIFSR

+CIFSR:confused:TAIP,"192.168.0.150"
    +CIFSR:confused:TAMAC,"18:fe:34:a2:43:a3"

OK

AtmoOrb:stripe:address:192.168.0.150,49692;
    busy s...

and it only sets teh colour to the one defind in the listing ...

Any idea wheer it ent wrong?

Ah - and I'm using 1.12 and the compatible version of atmowin

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure what AtmoWin has to do with any of this.
    Make sure you use the right firmware on the esp8266, the version the code has been used and tested with is included in the sketch files comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom