[DIY] AtmoOrb - A Hue like mood lamp based on Arduino, ESP8266 wifi module and WS2812B rgb leds (2 Viewers)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Not sure what AtmoWin has to do with any of this.
    Make sure you use the right firmware on the esp8266, the version the code has been used and tested with is included in the sketch files comment.
    sorry - atmolight of course.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yuhu - first time something right ...

For now I need to wait for the usb converter to arrive - no idea what firmwareversion the wlan's have I have bought - I stuck at "0,connect" at the moment no matter what I try. The console output is also rather low - is there a command I can use to see more?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Tried to find out if atmolight is sending anything - did a monitor with wireshark but couldn't see any communication neither to the IP of the arduino nor any broadcast to the defined port. Tried it with the setting "UDP" and with te setting "TCP". Also the only Logentry in Mediaportal I see is "conneting to atmorob"

Ok - might be a stupid question - but are you sure teh plugin is working correctly?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    And - Back Again ...

I found that teh povided Firmare version of the esp showed an "Invalid" at teh end when you do a AT+RST. Ok - got myself an USB UART and managed to flas other versions (now at least with "Ready" after AT+RST) - but still no luck. Could you provide the bin file for the firmware you have used?

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I dont have it around anymore. Just google the firmware version that i noted in the arduino sketch. There are hundreds of websites hosting different versions aswell as instructions on how to flash it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom