Does MediaPortal need a different name? (1 Viewer)

Does MediaPortal need a different name?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I like MediaPortal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Some people do not like the way the name was chosen.
    Therefor we wanna know what you all think.

After this we can choose a diff name.
    If the new name really feels much better we can always change.

A

Anonymous

It would be easier to decide on the necessity of a name change if we had some alternatives to choose from. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions though. :)

Czar63

Portal Member
    April 23, 2004
    Padova, Italy
    Isn't Mediaportal a registered trademark?
    I've found a multimedia pc and a Communications portal with this name just searching two mnutes on google.

A

Anonymous

"Micro boX media center " could be a better name but media portal will do fine atm :lol:

A

Anonymous

"Home Computer Media Center" HCMC
    "Home Media Center" HMC
    "Hightech Media Center" HMC
    "High Performance Media Center" HPMC

Well, i dont know...but if it is going to change it should change to something more similar the original name XboxMediaCenter.
    It's where it comes from anyway.
    There should be a connection in the name.

Great Work! :D

A

Anonymous

The name is good IMHO, unless there is a problem with another project with the same name doing the same thing.

A

Anonymous

I think the name is fine and shouldn't be changed. u moms

A

Anonymous

wtf is a media portal? i think it should be called u moms portal, cause i use that portal every night.

oh, and btw, u moms

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 1.30.0 MediaPortal 1 - 1.30 Released! DE
    moved off-topic comments to 1.30.0 - Release naming discussions
    moved off-topic comments to 1.30.0 - Release naming discussions
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.30 - Ukraine Highlights of this release Improvement / Rework: [MP1-5092] - Update MediaInfo...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4 Alexa Voice-Control for MP2 DE
    @henso @Brownard @morpheus_xx or any other active developer, Anybody who is willing to bring the plugin back to life or offering an alternative solution? Speech control was really comfortable and I miss this feature so much :cry: The manual of the Amazon kit is quite good, just my coding skills are to low. Maybe the extracted code...
    @henso @Brownard @morpheus_xx or any other active developer, Anybody who is willing to bring the plugin back to life or offering an...
    For now I went ahead and implemented the MP2 Plugin ;) (Attached Zip) You need to go into Settings in MP2 and log in to the Amazon...
    Replies
    Views
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: New: Improvement /...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    • Article
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 MediaPortal 2 - 2.4.1 Release DE
    Ok, thanks :)
    Ok, thanks :)
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.4.1 MediaPortal 2.4.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    I think MP2 offers enough features to cover most points, it was never based on MP1 nor will be changed more into the direction to work like MP1. "Continue Watching", "Latest Added", "Unwatched" are available in home screen in the home content area, see here. It was also explained earlier in this thread. You can always filter by genre...
    I think MP2 offers enough features to cover most points, it was never based on MP1 nor will be changed more into the direction to...
    In MP-TVSeries you can "Change view...", and among other choices there we have "Favorites". When you right click on a series you...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom