Does MediaPortal need a different name? (1 Viewer)

Does MediaPortal need a different name?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I like MediaPortal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Some people do not like the way the name was chosen.
    Therefor we wanna know what you all think.

After this we can choose a diff name.
    If the new name really feels much better we can always change.

A

Anonymous

It would be easier to decide on the necessity of a name change if we had some alternatives to choose from. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions though. :)

Czar63

Portal Member
    April 23, 2004
    Padova, Italy
    Isn't Mediaportal a registered trademark?
    I've found a multimedia pc and a Communications portal with this name just searching two mnutes on google.

A

Anonymous

"Micro boX media center " could be a better name but media portal will do fine atm :lol:

A

Anonymous

"Home Computer Media Center" HCMC
    "Home Media Center" HMC
    "Hightech Media Center" HMC
    "High Performance Media Center" HPMC

Well, i dont know...but if it is going to change it should change to something more similar the original name XboxMediaCenter.
    It's where it comes from anyway.
    There should be a connection in the name.

Great Work! :D

A

Anonymous

The name is good IMHO, unless there is a problem with another project with the same name doing the same thing.

A

Anonymous

I think the name is fine and shouldn't be changed. u moms

A

Anonymous

wtf is a media portal? i think it should be called u moms portal, cause i use that portal every night.

oh, and btw, u moms

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom