Dolby Digital and DVB-T (1 Viewer)

D

DieterZ

Hi!

2 Questions:

1) Is it possible to record with a dolby digital audio stream?
2) How to listen to a dolby digital audio "channel"?

thanks!

DieterZ

ps.: sry 4 my bad english ;)

D

DieterZ

Callifo said:
1) Yes
2) MP will use the dobly digital audio if autotune finds its PID correctly. Really it will just work.

that means when MP finds a dolby pid then it use it automaticly?
and when you press then record it will record with this dolby stream?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't know about automatic but you will have the ability to switch streams soon.
    Yes it will record the AC3 stream.
    The next release will record the transport stream so if two audio streams are part of the broadcast then both will be recorded.

DMAN

D

dm15644

dman_lfc said:
    I don't know about automatic but you will have the ability to switch streams soon.
    Yes it will record the AC3 stream.
    The next release will record the transport stream so if two audio streams are part of the broadcast then both will be recorded.

DMAN

Hi there

Has this been implemented yet? How do I switch between audio streams?

Thanks

jayrock

D

dm15644

jayrock said:
    How do I switch between audio streams?

I just figured that in configuration.exe one has to go to Television, then TV Channels, select a channel and then press Edit. In the DVB-T tab there's given on the right side the PIDs for the various audio streams. I copied the AC3 pid to the left side into the Audio pid field.

Since right now there's no programs in AC3 being transmitted I cannot check it, but I will do so when there's something on in Dolby Digital. At least nothing is broken ;-)

/jayrock

kamrat

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Works perfectly for me in RC2 without having to configure anything manually. We have two DVB-T channels that broadcast with AC3 audio all the time (even if it most of the time only contains only stereo) here in Sweden.

DMan - you wrote:

What is the "next release"? Are you referring to 0.2.0 final or a later release?

D

dm15644

kamrat said:
    Works perfectly for me in RC2 without having to configure anything manually. We have two DVB-T channels that broadcast with AC3 audio all the time (even if it most of the time only contains only stereo) here in Sweden....

How do you actually know that it is AC3 they transmit? Do they transmit DD2.0? My amplifier - Sony STR-DB780 - says "PCM 48" all the time, I wonder if that will change then to DD 3/2 when they show movies at prime time....

/jayrock

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    They do transmit 2 channel DD over here yes. We either get MPEG stereo sound or 2 channel AC3. My speaker system reads "Stereo" in the faceplate when playing back the 2 channel AC3 (different to PCM Stereo when its the MPEG audio).

Users who are viewing this thread