DOWNLOAD: Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.6.6 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luksmann

Portal Pro
November 10, 2005
Home Country
Austria Austria
This plugin rocks!

Just a small feature request - if thats possible ;)

Some movies are still not recognized automatically - it would be nice if there were a "rename" feature insight the plugin configuration, which could rename all the movie files according to their databaseentry. So something like Shrek 3.HD.720p.AxxO.avi would convert to Shrek The Third (2007).avi.
If the database would ever get deleted, this would simplify the reimport. And it could help us to clean up the mess in the movie folders ;)

could that feature be integrated?

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thx for your reply armandp ... sounds nice ...

but I don't know about a new control keys function ??? Where can i find Info's??

Cu

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    This plugin rocks!

Some movies are still not recognized automatically - it would be nice if there were a "rename" feature insight the plugin configuration, which could rename all the movie files according to their databaseentry. So something like Shrek 3.HD.720p.AxxO.avi would convert to Shrek The Third (2007).avi.
    If the database would ever get deleted, this would simplify the reimport. And it could help us to clean up the mess in the movie folders ;)

sound like a very good idea !!

is it possible to add spanish movie support? how could this be done? there is a new grabber for mp which works really good.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This plugin rocks!

First i want to say the example you give will be properly matched in the next version (we added better alternative title support) ;)
    Secondly reimporting movies with previous data is mentioned in Issue 121 - moving-pictures - Google Code so you probably want to watch that.
    And last.. Add your request to the issue list and we'll see what we can do. :)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    is it possible to add spanish movie support? how could this be done? there is a new grabber for mp which works really good.

Like i mentioned in the post before this, alternative title support is enhanced in the next version so the chance that spanish movies will be properly matched with english titles increases also. There currently is no spanish provider script but every user can create a data provider script for Moving Pictures. We'll be bringing a tutorial soon. In the mean time you can try to understand how to create your own by looking at the default scripts over at moving-pictures - Google Code

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    thx for your reply armandp ... sounds nice ...

but I don't know about a new control keys function ??? Where can i find Info's??

Cu

This is how it currently works.. From the opening post:

0.6.1 Release Notes said:
    Remote Control Movie Filtering
    You can now use the number pad on the remote control to input a partial movie title via "cell phone style" input to filter the movies listed in Moving Pictures. If for example you type 786 (which could stand for SUN, STO, and others), the movie list would be filtered to Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, Little Miss Sunshine, Stop or My Mom Will Shoot (!), etc.

What has been added to be in the next version already (to these controls) :

Letter Jumping:

* Activated by pressing 0 as the starting number
    * if you enter a key [0-9] now it will loop through the letters for the key showing you all titles that start with this letter or number
    * ESC / * clears this mode

0-3-3 all titles starting with the letter E
    0-7-7-7-7-7 all titles starting with the number 7
    0-6 all titles starting with the letter M

Year Filter:
    * Press 4 numbers that form a valid year (1900 between Now()+2)
    * Display movies from that year

2-0-0-8 all movies from 2008
    1-9-9-4 all movies from 1994

Year Range Filter:
    * Press 3 numbers that form a valid part of a year (190 between (the first 3 digits of Now()+10))
    * Display movies from the the decade represented by the first 3 digits

2-0-0 all movies between 2000-2009
    1-9-9 all movies between 1990-1999

NOTE:
    This remote control filter got nothing to do with the filter system that will be in 0.7.
    It's just a tool for navigating a large list.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have quite a few backdrops which are disappearing (and somethimes re-appearing as well), but when I go to melingrove.com, they're still available. When I try to look for missing artwork online nothing happens in MP. If I look in my backdrop folder they aren't there anymore as well. Backdrop which re-appear are newly created files. Why does this happen and is there a way to force a re-scan of backdrops without refreshing all my movies info (I have translated quite a lot of japanese titles to english)?

Sutekh

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Feature request - I have no idea if this is possible, but it was mentioned that some improvements were taking place with the IMDB "AKA" scraping for other language titles of a movie. Would it be possible in MovingPictures to set your preferred language for all movies, and if found during import in the movie AKA, use that language for the movies' name? This ties in with what Raytestrak above me mentions that he has renamed Japanese movies to their English counterpart and doesn't want that change lost during a re-scan. I too am in the same boat with Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Spanish, Italian, Swedish and Norwegian titles that I manually have to edit.

Just moments ago I went to put my copy of "Let the Right One In (2008).avi" in for automatic scanning by the GUI, but as it is actually "Låt den rätte komma in (2008)" the scanner did not auto-match it, and therefore it didn't show up in my movie list ready to be played. I had to escape out of MP and approve the movie :(

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is this a known issue?

I renamed all my iso files to reflect title and date ... Title Of Movie (YEAR) .... when I re-entered Moving Pictures config and scanned all the folders again. Entering Movie Manager, all my Movies were double posted. None of the titles from the old iso names were removed. I even deselected and re-added the drives, same result anfter the scan.

I had to deselect the drives, exit MP Config, and manually delete the Moving Pictures database. Then go back, add the drives and rescan the folders to get everything up as it should be.

At least I won't have to go through it again, now that the files have been renamed.

Another thing, I'm still not getting many of the DVD covers (I know they exist), instead, I'm getting a lot of pretty posters. I prefer the DVD Covers.

regards

Chuck

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom