DOWNLOAD: Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.6.6 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I'd like to use manualy downloaded Covers, but don't know what the "Cover Artwork Filename Pattern" has to be:
    Actualy the Covers have the same Name like the Disc-Image File (*.iso).

Is there any pattern for this case?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    What is that program you are running? It looks nice :) Great overview :)

That's a work in progress on AEON 2 skin for XBMC. It's really a great program, but doesn't have the AMAZING plugins that MediaPortal has, like Moving Pictures. :D

Emph

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    What is that program you are running? It looks nice :) Great overview :)

That's a work in progress on AEON 2 skin for XBMC. It's really a great program, but doesn't have the AMAZING plugins that MediaPortal has, like Moving Pictures. :D

Emph
    XBMC looks great but I have never liked the program. I just can't get it setup properly. I absoluetly hate the fact that you have to do everything from the GUI. I like the Configuration of MP, that is neatly designed as a seperate program so everything is easy. I tried fiddling with setting up my folders for videos for 10 minutes, and then gave up.
    Maybe I just subconciously (is that even spelled right?) didn't want to like it, because I love MediaPortal soooooo much :D

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I seek an option for how many films there are currently added in the database!
    But can't find it? I have no idea if all my movies are added :/

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi fforde,i've just finished installing Moving Pictures 0.61 on another PC and guess what,after installing the plugin on a clean MP RC4 install the TV part no longer work.When i enter MyTV section MP give me the "unable to connect to the server" error so it seem the TV plugin part get messed up after i'm using Moving Picture.
    After that i've changed the stream ip inside the TvServer setup and this way i managed to make TVPlugin find the server and tha database again but even so the timeshift is started on the TVServer but not rendered inside MP.

Tested right now on XP SP3 with clean RC4 installation and there's no issue here,so only on Vista SP1 systems.These are the things Vista OS i've tested have in common:

-same OS
    -same Microsoft SQL Server (2005)
    -both using a hybrid tv tuner
    -same codecs installed
    -all microsoft updates
    -and both tested on clean install with no other plugin

Looking at the logs it seems that on Vista the TV plugin is not able to find the thimeshift file generated by the TV server or maybe where the file is located.Hope i'm not botter you to much with this issue but i'n using Vista most of the time and for me Moving Picture it's a "must have" plugin.Here are the logs from the working XP system so you can take a look (please look at the lines after "succeeded:confused:ucceeded TvControl.VirtualCard " inside the MediaPortal.txt ) if you want,and sorry for my bad english too.

I don't know what to tell you Pretoriano. Your logs look clean. I can tell you this though, Moving Pictures doesn't mess at all with any MediaPortal settings or config files. The most intimate interaction is a request to play a movie file, which basically involves passing a filename to MediaPortal. If you really think it's Moving Pictures causing the problem though, I'd try removing the DLL from the plugin folder and seeing if this fixes things. If so then let me know and I will see if I can figure anything else out.

Hello,

I'd like to use manualy downloaded Covers, but don't know what the "Cover Artwork Filename Pattern" has to be:
    Actualy the Covers have the same Name like the Disc-Image File (*.iso).

Is there any pattern for this case?

%filename% will give you the filename of the video without the extension.

I seek an option for how many films there are currently added in the database!
    But can't find it? I have no idea if all my movies are added :/

Hrmm... :( Surprisingly this is not displayed anywhere. We will look at adding some "statistics" somewhere with the next release though. Sorry rasmuskarlsen. :(

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    I have just done a scan of my database with Moving Pictures... What a pleasure! So easy and so accurate.

fforde can you please give some tips to the Media Portal Dev's so they can have a similar system in the My Videos section :) There one is terrible compared to the one in this plugin!

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    how move to the movies

this is an awesome plugin, THX

one question ... to move through the videos takes a long time, especially if it it is big database ...

i miss the possibility, to press the number buttons to move directly to the letters {n}

is it possible to use this function in moving pictures, too?

cu

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    [Quote\]

Enhanced Cover-Art Support
    Support for cover-art retrieval has been dramatically improved. To begin with, the existing impawards.com scraper has been enhanced to return a far greater number of results. A new data source has also been added to pull covers from posters.motechnet.com. In addition to this, covers will be imported from MyVideos if available and if for some reason you choose to rebuild your database, covers and backdrops from previous installations of Moving Pictures will be pulled in if they are still in your thumbs folder, without the need to connect to the internet.[/QUOTE]

Just tried this out and its fantastic work. Wish I knew how to do stuff like this. Ok, so here's a thought.... U have all your movies stored in their own folders on a server. The HTPC connects to this server to play the films. All your covers and fanart and stored on the HTPC and you have a major system failure ie dead hdd so you have to rebuild everything from the ground up again.

Would it not be a better idea to have all the covers and fanart stored in the same location as the films (such as MyMusic does when you download the cover art), maybe in the same folder as the film, so that in the event of something like the above happening, you can just point to the correct location and it imports the films again, complete with the pictures to save having to redownload them all again (which would be a pain if you have a couple of hundred or even thousands of films).

Just my 2p's worth but food for thought.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next release (and if anyone whats to give me pointers on how to start coding something like this, I would be most appreciative as I have a vision of MP (or something) in mind and I don't think it will surface otherwise).

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    this is an awesome plugin, THX

one question ... to move through the videos takes a long time, especially if it it is big database ...

i miss the possibility, to press the number buttons to move directly to the letters {n}

is it possible to use this function in moving pictures, too?

cu

"letter jumping" is added to the controls in next version, you can also switch between the new and legacy remote control functions. Allthough with letter jumping i think you won't need legacy anymore ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom