DOWNLOAD: Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.6.6 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Keep in mind guys that if you feel like you have found a bug, you are welcome to create a new issue on the bug tracker. Anything that turns out to be a real problem will end up getting transcribed there anyway.

Also noticed it found a hell of alot more covers than before but I dont like how alot of the defult covers are not the english version had to go through and change alot and with 700 movies that takes awhile.
Good point. Added an issue for this to get fixed in the next release.

have one issue so far...

when cycling movie thumbs in info view, the thumb changes there, but when returning to icon or filmstrip views, the thumb didn't change to the new selected one. When you return to the info view, the new selected thumb is again displayed, but still not in other views.

I even exited MotionPictures, and upon returning,the thumbs still had not changed.

Chuck

Added.

Moving pictures does not "remember" the last view (and hide/show watched movies) you used if you restart MP. It did this in 0.5.5c. It do "remembers" after standby so this is OK. The problem is that I need to restart MP every now and then to "clear" things up and it was nice to get back to Moving pictures as you left off.
You are mistaken, Moving Pictures has never retained view information between sessions, this is something that is stored only in memory, not in the database. It is possible to set the default view though, so if you want it to always start on the thumbnail view for example, you can do that. Take a look at the Advanced Settings.

I can replicate the issue with Filmstrip and not showing the cycled coverart.
Also, when in filmstrip (movie x selected) and switching to listview, movie y is selected (the one selected before switching to Filmstrip) but the cover and details are shown for movie x.

This is an issue with the Filmstrip class in MediaPortal itself. A plug-in can not currently set the selected item in filmstrip mode, which unfortunately causes some inconsistencies between views. This is also why the Filmstrip view is the only one that does not retain the previously selected movie when exiting and reentering the plug-in. It is a bit technical but you can read more about this here. I may look at making some changes to the Filmstrip class and submitting a patch for MediaPortal itself, but I think it is unlikely it would get in before 1.0 since they are trying very hard to not introduce new bugs right now.

one quick question: should i upgrade to rc3 and a recommended svn (i'm thinking of upgrading the monochrome skin as well)? i'm hesitant because the system as it is now works smoothly...
Most testing was done with RC3 but I have ran it on RC2 fine and a few of the testers ran it on a recent SVN and had no problems. If you are asking for a recommendation I'd say go with RC3 though. I have always been a little wary of SVN builds.

Yes I know. That is why I wrote "Just the mention of backdrops being pulled". My question was about using it as main dataprovider, for backdrops, info, covers and everything else.
I can see that issue 169 only talks about Meligrove becoming obselute, and since Meligrove only had Covers, It kinda makes sence. But when I tried searching the issuelist for "moviedb" i got no results, so I just wanted to ask.

We fully intend to add themoviedb.org as a movie details provider, but we didn't have time to get it put into this release. The API has only been available a week or two after all and this version of Moving Pictures has been in the works for two months. You are right though, there is no issue for it, just created one. This will get added to the next "new features" release. I think we are going to do a 0.6.1 release for bug fixes though.

I have not managed to use the coverart namned "folder.jpg" that I have in the movie folder.
I tried with restarting MP, use the "check for missing online coverart" function.
I also tried to remove the movie and import it fully again but nothing seems to work.

Is it just me or is this function "broken"?
It is turned off by default. Go into the Advanced Settings and look under "Local Provider". There is a setting called "Search Movie Folder for Cover Art". Change this to true. In the next release I think i am going to add some more friendly configuration settings to bring some of the stuff under the Advanced Settings tab to the main Config. This should make things much clearer then. Sorry for the confusion.

allways nice to see a new version! one problem, the "locale rating" problem is still there, the rating is parsed as "73" insted of "7.3".

I use swedish regional settings!
Sorry about this, I guess I didnt test well enough when I thought I fixed the problem. I reopened the issue. :(

I'm using MovPic with Blue3wide & Generic Moving Pictures skin files. Tried to set "largethumbs" in Settings.

If I leave the thumbs on the right side (push right Button on last thumb at right side) I can't get back to other thumbs. MP has to be restarted to select/move to other thumbs. I expected to get to the next line (prefered solution) or at least to the beginning of the current line.

Other Problem with thumbs The Background/Fanart is transparent.

Hrmm your first issue sounds like a usability problem with the generic skin. I will see about getting an updated version for you. I am not sure what you mean by the backdrop is transparent though. Could you give more details?

I deleted the old 0.55c database file and started moving pictures from scratch.

Then I disabled all data sources except ofdb. Then added a path with approx. 240 movies in subfolders.
The import seems to stall. Below the "matches" list "Retrieving possible matches: " followed by a movie name appears - and stays forever with the same movie name (minutes). In the "Media Importer" list a few entries get a blue "i" but without any possible matches.
The "Movie Manager" list stays empty.
:confused:

Hrmm. That is not good. Can you post your log file?

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    A movie whit 2 DVD's
    How should i make the folder?

Movie/ and 2 folders DVD1 and DVD2
    ??
    or how do one get this to work ?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    MAN! I just found what made the difference!
    I switched OFF the 'NFO Scanner' as I don't want to use imdb and don't have any nfo's. After switching it back on again the import flies! Am I right this is a bug? ;)

Ah you sneaked that in before my mammoth post. :p Yes that sounds very much like a bug. Seems very very strange though, those two features, while loosely related, really don't interact much at all. I was able to reproduce though, thanks for the info. You can track the issue here.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    A movie whit 2 DVD's
    How should i make the folder?

Movie/ and 2 folders DVD1 and DVD2
    ??
    or how do one get this to work ?
    The easiest way would to just join the two DVDs in the importer manually. Highlight the two DVDs in the list and click the button that looks like two arrows merging into one. In the GUI when you select playback of the movie it should pop-up and ask you which disk to play.

Boiler

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    okay i tested it a bit. i love the new features, especially that you get asked now which disk to play is very handy.

the only thing that doesnt seem to work anymore is the remote control navigation. with 0.5.5c, when i pressed '6', the view jumped to movies starting with 'M'. this no longer ist the case. navigating is now impossible. as a suggestion, i think the myfilms plugin handles this pretty well, may be worth looking into?

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It is turned off by default. Go into the Advanced Settings and look under "Local Provider". There is a setting called "Search Movie Folder for Cover Art". Change this to true. In the next release I think i am going to add some more friendly configuration settings to bring some of the stuff under the Advanced Settings tab to the main Config. This should make things much clearer then. Sorry for the confusion.
    I think we may need to start working on the manual then...
    Since the version is going towards 1.0 (eventually!) I think a kickoff with the (basic) documentation should be very helpful.

okay i tested it a bit. i love the new features, especially that you get asked now which disk to play is very handy.

the only thing that doesnt seem to work anymore is the remote control navigation. with 0.5.5c, when i pressed '6', the view jumped to movies starting with 'M'. this no longer ist the case. navigating is now impossible. as a suggestion, i think the myfilms plugin handles this pretty well, may be worth looking into?
    Already noticed by armandp. It will be addressed in a future version. reference post is here:https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ublic-beta-0-6-a-48802/index4.html#post331983

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm using MovPic with Blue3wide & Generic Moving Pictures skin files. Tried to set "largethumbs" in Settings.

If I leave the thumbs on the right side (push right Button on last thumb at right side) I can't get back to other thumbs. MP has to be restarted to select/move to other thumbs. I expected to get to the next line (prefered solution) or at least to the beginning of the current line.

Hrmm your first issue sounds like a usability problem with the generic skin. I will see about getting an updated version for you. I am not sure what you mean by the backdrop is transparent though. Could you give more details?

I prefer the look of largethumbs, so I'm very looking forward to the new files! :)

In case of the look of thumbs, I attached a hardcopy. Hope that helps.

Greetings

Attachments

• 17-51-13.jpg
      17-51-13.jpg
      204.3 KB

carmenm

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Just test the last version. I am very impressed with it, especially with the importer. It just finds everything! Amazing job!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country

I prefer the look of largethumbs, so I'm very looking forward to the new files! :)

In case of the look of thumbs, I attached a hardcopy. Hope that helps.

Greetings
    Ah I see. This is totally my fault, I slipped in a new default backdrop for when no fanart is found at the last minute. This was also used to alpha blend the backdrops on the thumbnail views since backdrops can sometimes make it hard to visually see covers in the thumbnail view. This is the unforseen consequence.

We will try to get a new version of the generic skin put together this weekend.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    There's still a problem with rating-importing. When importet the first time its written as 59 instead of 5,9. But when manually update its imported as 5,9, but it don't saves it on exit..

Thanks for this update :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom