dropouts when watching hd tv (1 Viewer)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well if the playback-quality stays like it is now I can very well live with that. The overall impression is very good atm.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK - another version to try.....

This one should handle a few situations better than the previous version, and I've partly re-designed the 'render pause' logic.

Attachments

• TsReader_v3_0_84_7c.zip
      178.7 KB

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Allright, so here's the first log with the new version (starting tv at 19:50).
    Thanks for your excellent work!

Edit: Unless you tell me not to, I will test tomorrow how this new version works together with the mpar since that gave me the best picture (but with desync).

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Allright, so here's the first log with the new version (starting tv at 19:50).
    Thanks for your excellent work!

Edit: Unless you tell me not to, I will test tomorrow how this new version works together with the mpar since that gave me the best picture (but with desync).

The log looks OK- carry on with the testing :)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    carry on with the testing
    So here we go...
    -first part of the log up to 08:13 was with "default sound device"
    -the part afterwards with mpar

First part looked very well.
    In the second part on the first channel everything seemed to be fine but on the second channel desync occured
    (obviously mpar related so back to default sound device).

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @Owlsroost ,

I am also running your latest tsreader since a few days and did not notice any stuttering, be it visible or just audible. Let me know if you would like me to post the tsreader log.

I read a comment in the German forum where somebody was referring to some older versions (something with 60 if I remeber correctly) and recommend these instead of using the currently distributed version of 1.9. This leads me to the question if you would consider to include one of your recent versions in the next build.

Thanks,
    HTPC_Sourcer

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This one is a good sample showing some hickups during the tv playback starting at 20:40.
    Apart from that everything is fine. And in comparison to the issue before it's really on a level I could live with.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    This one is a good sample showing some hickups during the tv playback starting at 20:40.
    Apart from that everything is fine. And in comparison to the issue before it's really on a level I could live with.

The only problems I can see after 20:40 are due to continuity errors - otherwise it looks OK.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    This leads me to the question if you would consider to include one of your recent versions in the next build.

When I'm happy that it's OK I'll put it into Area51 for wider testing (it's too late for MP 1.10 anyway, so MP 1.11 is the first version it could be included in).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom