DUGG 5.0 is available for Australian TV (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusmann

Portal Pro
October 22, 2005
andjoa said:
Hi, sorry it is channel seven in Brisbane, channel 34. I tried switching it be channel seven in Sydney and that seemed to work ok, so its something to do with channel seven Brisbane.

As of version 5.61 it still doesn't work for Monday.

thanks

The FTP data had the wrong date codes. I have seen this before but I cannot reproduce it, so I can't see where the error comes from.

In the data directory, delete 38576092783U5.txt

Then run dugg again and it will be fixed.

EDIT : Since I can't find why the date codes are sometimes wrong I just added a routine in the program to detect when they are wrong, and reject the data.
If it's local data it will be deleted and either grabbed from FTP or directly from the source. If it's FTP data it will be deleted from the server, and grabbed directly. If even the newly grabbed data has faulty date codes it will just be excluded from the guide.

ttguy

August 13, 2006
Canberra
angusmann said:
Just a quick note also to say that a new dugg web-page can be found at :

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/newdugg/

The latest instructions etc can always be viewed here.

Is it just me or does this page not load up properly (Sunday 13 Aug 2006 -10:30am.)

I get a black page and the source html stops at

" var searchbox = document.getElementsByName("searchbox");
if (searchbox) {
searchbox.name = "q"

Also I take it that the Distributed Universal Guide Grabber site at
http://dugg.ueuo.com/ is now dead. I got on a wild goose chase from this site - it gave me ver 4.2 of DUGG.

It would be nice if this site was taken down or had a redirect link to

Just a Newbie suggestion. :)

BTW I am interested in DUGG for the purposes of EPGs to be sent to a Topfield PVR. Does anyone know of any work done in this regard?

angusmann

Portal Pro
October 22, 2005
All that searchbox stuff is added to the top of the page by angelfire, as advertising to finance the free page.

It loads fine here, now, even with a few "refreshes"

I have PM'd you a direct link to the download.

The angelfire page *should* work. Try clearing your cache if some malformed HTML got stuck in there it might be the problem.

ttguy said:
angusmann said:
Just a quick note also to say that a new dugg web-page can be found at :

The latest instructions etc can always be viewed here.

Is it just me or does this page not load up properly (Sunday 13 Aug 2006 -10:30am.)

I get a black page and the source html stops at

" var searchbox = document.getElementsByName("searchbox");
if (searchbox) {
searchbox.name = "q"

Also I take it that the Distributed Universal Guide Grabber site at
http://dugg.ueuo.com/ is now dead. I got on a wild goose chase from this site - it gave me ver 4.2 of DUGG.

It would be nice if this site was taken down or had a redirect link to

Just a Newbie suggestion. :)

BTW I am interested in DUGG for the purposes of EPGs to be sent to a Topfield PVR. Does anyone know of any work done in this regard?

sockman

Portal Member
May 3, 2006
`

Hey,
I can't seem to download from the posted link. I input the three digit number, I wait the 30 seconds and then click the download link. I then get a page which says my access key is invalid. Anyone know why this may be? (I'm not using a download manager).

Cheers,
Ben

angusmann

Portal Pro
October 22, 2005
slipery said:
Really great. Well done!!!
Channeldupe doesnt seem to work though.
This is the first few lines of the dugg.ini file
Code:
channel=2
channel=45
channel=35
channel=48
channel=46
channel=38
channelswap
SBS
Channeldupe
Channel 38
Channel SBS Digital

channelswap
ABC2

I have tried both channel names eg 38 and SBS but never seem to get duplicate channel data in the tvguide.xml file

Have I done something wrong and where do I find the error log.
Cheers

1)You have a capital "C" in the channeldupe. It should be all lowercase.
2)In the second line of the channdupe you refer to "Channel 38" but you should just leave it either as 38 or "SBS Queensland"

so try either of these commands - they will both work :

Code:
channeldupe
SBS Digital
OR
Code:
channeldupe
SBS Queensland
SBS Digital

I'm sure this will solve the problem for you.

SSSputnik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2005
    When I run the MP grabber the grabber hangs and keeps trying to process the DUGG xml file forever. (And appears to use an awful amount of virtual memory after a while).

Can anyone shed any light on this? (Basically I run DUGG and generate the file, run the grabber, which hangs and then I get no guide info in MP).

Perhaps I have something wrong in my DUGG ini file but don't think so.

I have tried clearing the TV db from MP Setup which didn't help.

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    SSSputnik said:
    When I run the MP grabber the grabber hangs and keeps trying to process the DUGG xml file forever. (And appears to use an awful amount of virtual memory after a while).
    Can anyone shed any light on this? (Basically I run DUGG and generate the file, run the grabber, which hangs and then I get no guide info in MP).
    Perhaps I have something wrong in my DUGG ini file but don't think so.
    I have tried clearing the TV db from MP Setup which didn't help.

At first glance, this does not look like a dugg error. The only thing I can think of is "are you sure you're running dugg in mediaportal mode ?"

If you find a file "channelinfo.xml" in the dugg directory, that means you are running in MCE mode, and the xml will not be compatible with MediaPortal.

If it's not running in MediaPortal mode you need to add a line to dugg.ini like this :
    mode=mp

If you have any spelling mistakes or capital letters etc dugg will default back to MCE mode so look closely. Dugg will also tell you in the scrolling window what mode it's running in but you might have to scroll back right to the beginning to see it.

Also....you said you run dugg, then run "the grabber"...

dugg IS the grabber. What is "the grabber" you are trying to run?
    My (limited) experience with MP is that you simply tell it where to look for the XML file. I know that MP comes with a built-in grabber but you should not need to use this, because dugg has already generated the XML for you.

Wogman

March 21, 2005
    Re: `

sockman said:
    Hey,
    I can't seem to download from the posted link. I input the three digit number, I wait the 30 seconds and then click the download link. I then get a page which says my access key is invalid. Anyone know why this may be? (I'm not using a download manager).

Cheers,
    Ben

I'm getting exactly the same error via IE, Firefox, Firefox on Linux and Epiphany on Linux, any ideas?

Cheers,
    Wogman

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom