DUGG 5.0 is available for Australian TV (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusmann

Portal Pro
October 22, 2005
Re: `

Wogman said:
sockman said:
Hey,
I can't seem to download from the posted link. I input the three digit number, I wait the 30 seconds and then click the download link. I then get a page which says my access key is invalid. Anyone know why this may be? (I'm not using a download manager).
Cheers,
Ben
I'm getting exactly the same error via IE, Firefox, Firefox on Linux and Epiphany on Linux, any ideas?
Cheers,
Wogman

Check your PM's - I will send a link.

squidina

Portal Member
August 5, 2005
SSSputnik said:
When I run the MP grabber the grabber hangs and keeps trying to process the DUGG xml file forever. (And appears to use an awful amount of virtual memory after a while).

Hmmmm... I suppose start with the simple things first. Are your channel names correct? Is the resulting file from dugg called tvguide.xml? Have you confirmed the file path to tvguide.xml file is correct in the MP setup?

If you just grab one days worth of guide, and then clear your tv database, does the one day import? Maybe even just try one day and one channel and see if that helps.

I have MP importing the DUGG xml no problem, so I'd say it's something in your setup which isn't quite right.

SSSputnik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2005
    Hanging scheduler.

OK, some further info.

I have upgraded DUGG to the latest version.

The Media Portal importer is what is hanging, this program: TVGuideScheduler.exe

When I run it, it pops up, and stays there doing nothing but eating RAM.
    Usually when things are good, it pops up, disk grinds for a sec, then it closes by itself.

My DUGG.INI file is here:
    channel=2
    channel=5
    channel=77
    channel=78
    channel=79
    channel=80
    channel=81

channelswap
    SBS DIGITAL 2
    channelswap
    SBS DIGITAL 1

channelswap
    ABC HDTV

channelswap
    7 Digital

channelswap
    Nine Digital

channelswap
    TEN Digital

timezone=+0800
    grabdays=2
    rating=ABA
    xmlname=tvguide.xml
    xmldir=C:\xmltv\
    mode=mp
    autoupdate
    ==============================

Perhaps the problem is with my Media Portal and not DUGG... I just want to fix it :( sniffle.

SSSputnik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2005
    Well, I think it's fixed, the scheduler isn't crashing anymore anyway.

Solution, complete reinstall of MP.

squidina

Portal Member
    August 5, 2005
    SSSputnik said:
    Well, I think it's fixed, the scheduler isn't crashing anymore anyway.

Solution, complete reinstall of MP.

Well that kind of blows. Still on the plus side, at least you got it working! :D

SSSputnik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2005
    DUGG.INI for Perth WA

DUGG.INI file for Perth, Western Australia.

Note, duplicated channels (Like 7 Digital 2,3 etc) have been removed, as have HD channels. (My screen doesn't do HD). Should be easy enough to tweak for others.

Time information appears to be correct.
    It outputs the XML file to C:\xmltv\

File is here: http://www.sputcorp.com/dugg-Perth_Western_Australia.rar

All working OK as of 22-Aug-06

Redbomber2000

Portal Member
    June 24, 2006
    Hey guys. Just want to pick your brains. I probably should start a new tread but it is related to Dugg kinda.

First I have problems with time zone. I have it set to +1000 in the config file. The first time I got the new v5 Dugg working it was 10 hours behind. So I left it as it was and changed MP setup to compensate time zone with 10hrs. Problem fixed. Until sometime later Dugg updated and now it is 20hrs too fast!?! So have been mucking around with both settings which is annoying because the changes that I make don't apply themselves until some random time later (like a day or more). Even if I delete the XMLTV file the EPG in MP doesn't dissapear. I'm sure it used to before I updated to the latest patch. I haven't read about anyone else having this problem so I must be doing something wrong.

I only receive 4 channels and when I look at the guide in MP it lists the channels twice in order (as in ABC, 7, 10, SBS, ABC, 7, 10, SBS) just to fill up the screen. Is there a way to modify that so it will only display each channel once in a bigger area so I can read it?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I only receive 4 channels and when I look at the guide in MP it lists the channels twice in order (as in ABC, 7, 10, SBS, ABC, 7, 10, SBS) just to fill up the screen. Is there a way to modify that so it will only display each channel once in a bigger area so I can read it?

There is a way, but you need to modify the skin file/s. Here are some instructions that Boilermaker gave me that work fine:-

Look for this code in the tvguide.xml file, and play with the values marked below...I just used trial and error to get a nice fit.

Code:
    <control> 
    <description>Channel template</description> 
    <type>image</type> 
    <id>20</id> 
    <posX>60</posX> 
    <posY>125</posY> 
    <width>136</width> 
    <height>36</height> <-----[change this to like 40 to start, and see what happens, keep raising it til you get a good fit] 
    </control> 
    <control> 
    <description>Channel image template</description> 
    <type>image</type> 
    <id>7</id> 
    <posX>1</posX> 
    <posY>1</posY> 
    <width>32</width> <---[change this to fit better] 
    <height>32</height> <---[change this to fit better] 
    <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio> 
    <centered>yes</centered> 
    <zoom>no</zoom> 
    <texture>defaultVideoBig.png</texture> 
    </control>

at some point you will make the height in the channel template just high enough that only 5 will display, then take it back one...if you end up with an unbearably large and ugly gap to your bottom scroll bar, here is where to change it:

Code:
    <control> 
    <description>Horizontal scrollbar</description> 
    <type>hscrollbar</type> 
    <id>28</id> 
    <posX>196</posX> 
    <posY>481</posY> <--[change the y position til looks good, remember how much you moved it up] 
    <width>1002</width> 
    <height>20</height> 
    <visible>yes</visible> 
    </control>

you need to remember how much it moved, because you need to reduce the size of the scrollbar on the right by the same amount
    Code:
    <control> 
    <description>Vertical scrollbar</description> 
    <type>vscrollbar</type> 
    <id>29</id> 
    <posX>1200</posX> 
    <posY>125</posY> 
    <width>20</width> 
    <height>357</height> <---[reduce the height to match above] 
    <visible>yes</visible> 
    </control>

HTH....;)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    i thought i would reply in this thread since its pretty active, anyone else receiving this error laterly with dugg?
    bad XML (file can't start with "." or something).
    its only started happening recently for me

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom