DUGG 5.0 is available for Australian TV (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadscott

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
i thought i would reply in this thread since its pretty active, anyone else receiving this error laterly with dugg?
bad XML (file can't start with "." or something).
its only started happening recently for me

Yep - started another thread with this error. Was my first install, so I thought maybe I had setup DUGG wrong. Apparently not.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
I think it would be useful if you would mention, for example, what channels you are grabbing, from what region, etc. It is pretty hard to figure out what the problem is otherwise if the reports are just "it is not working". Perhaps open up the xml file in Wordpad or the like and see if you can spot any differences from a working file.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
i'm grabbing foxtel and canberra stations, interesting the problem has been fixed recently since i changed back to grabbing only 7 days, so either the data that is beyond the seven days is corrupted in some way or something else has gone wrong and wont import more than 7 days . for me at least

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have never been able to grab more than 7 days of FTA schedule - seems that ninemsn only has 7 days available at a time....?

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    hmmm, thats probably it, when version 5 first came out the 14 day grabber was working , so i think i will stick to 7 days and leave it as is.
    Thanks guys

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    hmmm, thats probably it, when version 5 first came out the 14 day grabber was working , so i think i will stick to 7 days and leave it as is.
    Thanks guys

A minor format change in the HTML caused a parsing error, and HTML tags found their way into the XML output.

The problem will go away in time, and an update is out to prevent it happening again (autoupdate is good!).

If you're still getting mal-formed XML, delete the contents of the data directory and run dugg again. That will fix it.

DogBoy1169

Portal Member
    August 17, 2006
    Australia
    Hi all. Firstly, can I say how great I am finding MP and of course DUGG to make it REALLY useful. I am hoping some people can plug some gaps in my configuration to make it all hum beautfifully.

a. does DUGG feed MP directly? Or is it spitting a file out that somethine else then processes and feeds to MP?
    b. are people running DUGG from within MP, are they running it using Windows Scheduler, or something else again? Along a similar vein, are people using the Program Guide settings within MP (ie. through MP config program) or have they ignored those (as I have) and got DUGG to feed MP directly?
    c. I've got DUGG spitting out the XML file to c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\xmltv as the file tvguide.xml - is this right or are people passing it through something else? I noticed the instructions talk about BladeRunner Pro but I did not think MP needed this.
    d. linked to the above (I think) is that the timezone seems to be added twice ie. DUGG is configured to +1000 but the program guide shows everything 10 hours further forward.

Happy to post the config of my file but I think the first thing I need to confirm is that DUGG feeds MP directly, and from there other stuff will flow ...

Thanks

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    a. does DUGG feed MP directly?
    Yes - see answer to (c)

b. are people running DUGG from within MP, are they running it using Windows Scheduler, or something else again?
    I use PVR Scheduler to run DUGG twice weekly, but you could do the same thing with Windows Scheduler

Along a similar vein, are people using the Program Guide settings within MP (ie. through MP config program) or have they ignored those (as I have) and got DUGG to feed MP directly?
    I have de-selected them completely.

c. I've got DUGG spitting out the XML file to c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\xmltv as the file tvguide.xml - is this right ?
    Yes, precisely....

d. linked to the above (I think) is that the timezone seems to be added twice ie. DUGG is configured to +1000 but the program guide shows everything 10 hours further forward.
    Check that you don't also have MP adding another offset of +1000 (ie. through MP config program)?

HTH....;)

DogBoy1169

Portal Member
    August 17, 2006
    Australia
    Taipan
    Thanks - glad I've got that much right! I'll double check MP Config program and see how it goes over next few days.

Downzy

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Home Country
    Hey, I'm having the same problem with an error - file can't start with "."

I've tried redcuing the number of days (to two), I've deleted the contents of the "Data" folder, deleted the existing tvguide.xml file and removed everything from the database - still getting that error.

I've even tried running Dugg from a different PC, but still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom