DUGG TV guide grabber - Updated [02.06.06] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    NickName said:
    When I have something bug free and reliable, I'd be very happy to supply it ....
    Fantastic ...... I thought for a moment that I might have to learn VB scripting ... :lol:

BTW - NickName, how can you be living in Old Jindabyne - I thought it was completely under water.... :shock:
    Or, is that how you keep your HTPCs "cool'n quiet"...

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Taipan said:
    NickName said:
    BTW - NickName, how can you be living in Old Jindabyne - I thought it was completely under water.... :shock:
    Or, is that how you keep your HTPCs "cool'n quiet"...
    Ah, you caught me out! I'm actually a superhero and my secret identity is Aquaman!
    Seriously though, I currently live in Canberra but that is not near as interesting as living in Old Jindabyne as Aquaman... Hehe :lol:

BTW. I should have that script finished tonight (I hope). I have one developed for myself but it does way more then you probably need so I'm cutting it to suit yourself & others.

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Hi Taipan and anyone else interested...

The following script runs dugg.exe and then waits to see if dugg.exe runs again after upgrading:
    Code:
    Dim WsShell
    Dim Proc
    Set WsShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

'Run DUGG
    WsShell.Run "dugg.exe", 1, True

'Dugg has finished running so wait 5 seconds to see 
    'if it runs again (which means it was upgraded).
    '
    'Note: This "Sleep" can be shortened if the download 
    ' & upgrade speed are quick enough...
    WScript.Sleep 5000

'Check to see if Dugg is running, if so, wait until Dugg quits.
    Do While Proc = 0
    	WScript.Sleep 1000
        Proc = WsShell.run ("cmd /c tasklist |find ""dugg.exe""",7,True)
    Loop

'All done so exit.
    WScript.Quit
    Just copy the code into a text file and save the file with a .VBS extension, ie. RunDugg.vbs.
    Important: Save the file into your dugg folder.

Any problems or bugs let me know please. Naturally, any error messages would help me fix any bugs.

Enjoy,

Nick Name.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Nick Name - seems to work fine - but I will have to wait until angusmann releases another dugg update to see if it handles that updating process OK.... :)

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Taipan said:
    Thanks Nick Name - seems to work fine - but I will have to wait until angusmann releases another dugg update to see if it handles that updating process OK.... :)
    No worries, all I did to test it was waited for dugg to finish grabbing and then when it closed, I simply ran dugg again in the less then the 5 seconds the script waits before checking if dugg is running again.
    The script waited for each run of dugg to finish so I am sure it will work when a 'new and improved' dugg is released too. :lol:
    Normally I wouldn't be so sure but it is a very simple script.
    Of course if you change the name of dugg.exe to something else i.e. 'grabber.exe', then all bets are off.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Something odd that I noticed this morning - I ran DUGG to get the next 7 days data for Melbourne, and it failed to get next Tuesday (July 17th) with a message (that flashed up too quickly for me to read fully) that said something about "too many missing pages" and then finished.

I checked the ninemsn TV guide here, and all the data seems to be present, so I am not sure why DUGG could not grab it - unless ninemsn have changed the encription again... :(

rocketeer

July 11, 2006
    no data for tuesday melb EPG

I saw the same thing. had to revert back to oztivo as it was moving copying wed to tuesday.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I ran DUGG again this morning for the Melbourne FTA channels and was unable to get EPG data for next Monday 17th, Tuesday 18th and Wednesday 19th. The error message that flashed up was :-

Missing program data (No duration) - skipping
    This entire day will be skipped!

I did a check of those days on ninemsn, and all the pages seem fine to me (I couldn't find any missing duration data) - so it looks like ninemsn have made some sneaky changes again?

Boy, they really don't want us to view their TV guide, do they... :?

jazZman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Same problem here :?
    Hopefully Angusman will come to the rescue again.
    I'm happy to chip in to get him a blue suit and red cape :wink:

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    jazZman said:
    Hopefully Angusman will come to the rescue again. I'm happy to chip in to get him a blue suit and red cape :wink:
    I will chip in too - so long as he promises to wear the bright red underpants on the outside of his blue skin-tight suit.... :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom