Dupilcation of movie title (1 Viewer)

wmcftw

Portal Member
November 2, 2014
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi

Does anyone know how to clear this?

I have the movies name showing 3 times. Even after uninstalling and re-installing.................i have multiple instances of the movie title

rBHRsxx.jpg

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Drop down the dropbox selection that says "Movie Details", and change it to "File Details", then verify what file was used to import the movie like that.

Old import path, badly named file, etc, etc.

wmcftw

Portal Member
    November 2, 2014
    Home Country
    Is there no way to just quickly delete all? Then re-import

There are over 400 movie titles

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Do you have a lot of duplicates?

Quick solution IF somewhat drastic, delete the movingpiictures.db3 in databases and reinstall movingpictures plugin - this will give you a clean DB for re-import.

Reimport of 400 movies AND fixing issues AND any resetting of GUI setting mapping can take a while [done same on my dev box to export to main machine when clean up needed without affecting daily viewing needs].

Cheers - JCMP

wmcftw

Portal Member
    November 2, 2014
    Home Country
    I just started to try and amanually delete one by one.................but it would take forever. I do not have 400 movies but there are 3 entries per movie so there are about 134 or so. I will delete the .db3 in mp.

Thanks a lot[DOUBLEPOST=1423609050][/DOUBLEPOST]I have deleted the databases and uninstalled moving pictures 3 times, but the triplicated movies are still showing in the list

The movie list of triplicated movies refuses to go away.

Update- I have now got single entries and will manually delete them because if I add the pathway to the movie folder- I have a horrible feeling that it will duplicate them again.

Last edited:

wmcftw

Portal Member
    November 2, 2014
    Home Country
    Okay now I am re-importing and going to sleep

Thanks for the help

kVK0hP8.png

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Inside Movie Details, select one movie in the list -> CTRL+A to select them all -> delete.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @wmcftw, so did you ever figure out the cause? Because if you are simply "ignoring" those duplicates now, the problem will eventually return.

Users who are viewing this thread