Duplicate TV channels (1 Viewer)

conners

Portal Member
May 27, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello, noobie here (again)

TV channel scan has produced duplicate channels (see image for an example), why?

Is there a function/option to delete duplicates?

Thanks

PS. I have a dual dvb-s2 tuner card (TBS6981), is that why?

dup channels.jpg

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

TV channel scan has produced duplicate channels (see image for an example), why?
    I suspect each of the "duplicates" are regional variants.
    If you take a look on kingofsat you'll see the following versions of ITV 1:
    • London
    • Granada
    • Anglia East
    • Central West
    • Wales
    • West
    • Westcountry South
    • Border
    • Yorkshire West
    • Central East
    etc.

Is there a function/option to delete duplicates?
    No... but it's relatively easy.
    In the TV Channels section, click on the name column to order the channels by name. Then all the "duplicates" should be listed together, so you can easily select and delete them.
    Note that the channels you delete will be re-added next time you scan. So, my advice would be to untick (not show in MP) rather than delete, and perhaps also create yourself a custom channel group for ease of management.

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
    TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
    Hello Folks, Although the New MediaPortal Version 2.5 looks great so far, it seems that it still has major Bugs? I created a...
    Replies
    Views
    ??? :confused: Please, try with latest MP 1.33, not 1.30 and, all in debug logs to provide...
    ??? :confused: Please, try with latest MP 1.33, not 1.30 and, all in debug logs to provide...
    Hi Running MP1 - 1.39 for long while, no issues. 10th April [same time as 2024-KB5037036 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework...
    Replies
    Views
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom