Dutch language scraping support (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Fix English, Rename+Group, RottenTomatoes, and more) v3.2.4

Indeed. I had to find a solution for that, too with my FilmInfo+ as themoviedb.org works with api key aswell. I solved that issue by creating a seperate php file on my own webspace, that takes the requests from the scraper and forwards it to the api and then hands back the results. One solution, maybe not the most elegant one...

Which is what I already pointed out as solution #2, but will just have to await the reply from HomeY or Jordy, as I prefer solution #1.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

But adjust the above setting (if you have upgraded to MediaPortal v1.2, you can install the IMDb+ plugin to change this very easy) and you will be good to go.

Done :) Rescanning all movies.

Which is what I already pointed out as solution #2, but will just have to await the reply from HomeY or Jordy, as I prefer solution #1.

I got another reply from the admin, and again i'm pointed to the API & the Wiki about it. I think that's about all the support we're gonna get about this. :oops:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I got another reply from the admin, and again i'm pointed to the API & the Wiki about it. I think that's about all the support we're gonna get about this. :oops:

Ok, I'll look into solution #2 then, but will take more time.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    IMDb+ scraper script v3.3.6 is available now with Dutch (moviemeter.nl) support, and it also includes a modification to make it more future proof for what is to come.

To actually select 'Dutch' as option, you have to wait for new IMDb+ plugin, but it should not be long.

You should be able to manually edit the options XML file in notepad and use secondary language value "09", but I'm hoping to release new plugin this week to make this very easy. If a few Dutch users however could already 'test' by doing the manual edit step on config, I would appreciate it. That way I can iron out any bugs I overlooked myself during testing. Support is only there for summary and genres, because moviemeter.nl does not have spoken-language, tagline or certification information on their site.

Proper title support for all foreign sites will have to wait a little longer, like next weekend. And I need to re-examine how to deal with foreign title grouping.

Enjoy.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.6

Nice RoChess, i'll go do some testing (once i've 'found' the v3.3.6 script).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Nice RoChess, i'll go do some testing (once i've 'found' the v3.3.6 script).

It will auto-update within 24 hours, use hidden menu inside IMDb+ plugin to view date+time of last check and then add a day.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

It will auto-update within 24 hours, use hidden menu inside IMDb+ plugin to view date+time of last check and then add a day.

That's what i thought. Just checked again and i'm on the latest version now. I changed the code in options to:
    Code:
     <set id="97" name="global_options_secondary_details" value="09" />

But that doesn't seem to work. When i enter Mov.Pic plugin and rescan with IMDb+ it shows English summary.
    When i startup Mepo and check IMDb+ plugin, it shows 'ERROR' on language for retreiving, which auto results in the value being set back to '01' for secondary details.

Unless i'm doing something wrong, it ain't working yet.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

But that doesn't seem to work. When i enter Mov.Pic plugin and rescan with IMDb+ it shows English summary.
    When i startup Mepo and check IMDb+ plugin, it shows 'ERROR' on language for retreiving, which auto results in the value being set back to '01' for secondary details.

The IMDb+ plugin you have does not know about "09" = Dutch yet and corrects it back to what it does support, aka "01" for English, while showing "ERROR" to tell you something is wrong. So set all your options correct, exit MePo, adjust options file via notepad and use the MovPic config method (easy explanation at: wiki - manual update)

It's a little bit extra work, but that's where the beta-stuff hides now :)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Really nice plugin! I'm waiting for the new version with Dutch language support.. I will make a translation file when the new plugin arrives..

Any ady when the new version comes out?

Best regards

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

So set all your options correct, exit MePo, adjust options file via notepad and use the MovPic config method (easy explanation at: wiki - manual update)

It's a little bit extra work, but that's where the beta-stuff hides now :)

Well, that's exactly what i did before i started MePo up again. Understandable that the GUI gives 'ERROR' message, but i haven't been able to retrieve Dutch summaries (Just tried it again).

Users who are viewing this thread