Dutch TV-guide data with WebEPG (1 Viewer)

csberto

Portal Pro
November 6, 2004
Tilburg, the Netherlands
I regularly download TV-guide data for Dutch TV-channels (with WebEPG). Since a few weeks the TV-guide doesn't contain specific program-information anymore for the channel Nederland 3. It just says 'Nederland 3' for 24 hours everyday.

elro

March 27, 2005
I got the same problems over here.
With TVgids to XML the strange thing is when I look in the XML file the data for ned 3 is oke.
It's seem to be somthing else.

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Same here,

And thanks to tvgids.nl for putting those lame descriptions in there... Since a month or so they put an entry for "Zapp" and "Nederland 3" with the description "Met om:" . On the site they use this to clearly show the difference between the Children's channel and the regular broadcasts, but it breaks WebEPG / TVGids_to_XML etc.

Kind regards,
    Michel

csberto

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2004
    Tilburg, the Netherlands
    scoop said:
    Same here,

And thanks to tvgids.nl for putting those lame descriptions in there... Since a month or so they put an entry for "Zapp" and "Nederland 3" with the description "Met om:" . On the site they use this to clearly show the difference between the Children's channel and the regular broadcasts, but it breaks WebEPG / TVGids_to_XML etc.

Kind regards,
    Michel
    I now see that I've got the same problem with the channels 'Animal Planet', 'RTL7' and 'The Box'. In the tvguide.xml file the data is oké.

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,
    csberto said:
    In the tvguide.xml file the data is oké.
    AFAIK the data in the tvguide.xml is not ok. Yeah, all programs are in the tvguide, but there's also a big overlapping program which is why the actual programs aren't shown. :(
    And yeah, it seems tvgids.nl is doing this for even more channels now. :( I guess the best solution is to see if we can convince the grabber configuration to skip those invalid entries.

Kind regards,
    Michel

csberto

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2004
    Tilburg, the Netherlands
    scoop said:
    Hi,
    csberto said:
    In the tvguide.xml file the data is oké.
    AFAIK the data in the tvguide.xml is not ok. Yeah, all programs are in the tvguide, but there's also a big overlapping program which is why the actual programs aren't shown. :(
    And yeah, it seems tvgids.nl is doing this for even more channels now. :( I guess the best solution is to see if we can convince the grabber configuration to skip those invalid entries.

Kind regards,
    Michel
    You're right. But how are we going to do that?

BoelShit

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    WebEPG getting info from tvgids.nl doesnt seem to work for me anymore... been running it for 20min so far and only 4kb is downloaded and writed to the xml file.... :?

EDIT: WOW it IS retrieving data... only SLOW as dikke stront (thick shit) LOL

ookmich

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2005
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Another alternative: I'm quite happy with TVxb. See http://www.tvxb.com/

With this program you can manage all kind of ways to grab your xmltv information. Combine different sources, description only for specific channels and times etc. It is quite keen in deciphering the sources so if anything changes on tvgids.nl it probably keeps working!

For channels where you want to have categories (genres) but no complete descriptions, SBS/veronica has a fine EPG that s grabbed fine by TVxb.

Michiel.

csberto

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2004
    Tilburg, the Netherlands
    ookmich said:

With this program you can manage all kind of ways to grab your xmltv information. Combine different sources, description only for specific channels and times etc. It is quite keen in deciphering the sources so if anything changes on tvgids.nl it probably keeps working!

For channels where you want to have categories (genres) but no complete descriptions, SBS/veronica has a fine EPG that s grabbed fine by TVxb.

Michiel.
    Thanks. I will try it out this weekend.

csberto

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2004
    Tilburg, the Netherlands
    csberto said:
    ookmich said:

Michiel.
    Thanks. I will try it out this weekend.
    Tried TVxb today and it works. All channels now have detailed program information (incl. Nederland 3). But:
    I can't download more than 3 days of program information (Although I have set 'days=7' in the ini-file);
    I can't download program-descriptions (edited the ini-file for that with 'Special=fulldescriptions', but with no success: very much (more than just program-descriptions) information in the xml-file, but no description information in the tv-guide).
    Maybe I know to little of how to edit the ini-file for my purposes; it is to complicated for me.
    Do you have an in-file for the Netherlands that gives program information for 7 days with program-descriptions? I would like to have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom