DVB-C card with card reader (1 Viewer)

lugiber

Portal Pro
August 3, 2004
Sweden
Since Media portal has gone digital it thought it is time for me to do the same.
Does anyone have suggestions on a good DVB-C card with card reader and hardware decoding?

/Peter

A

Anonymous

lugiber said:
Since Media portal has gone digital it thought it is time for me to do the same.
Does anyone have suggestions on a good DVB-C card with card reader and hardware decoding?

/Peter

Check the Twinhan site, they have a pci version that comes with a card reader. I was looking at dvb-t but I think they had one for dvb-c to.

I don't know if they have any BDA drivers for it though.

lugiber

Portal Pro
August 3, 2004
Sweden
Thanks for the tip! It looks like a good, affordable card. But after googling around a bit i found several users that had trouble getting the card to work. No one seemed to get the card reader to work and it had trouble finding channels without really strong signals.
Swedish users can check out these links:

http://www.nordichardware.com/Recensioner/?skrivelse=224&page=4

http://www.prisjakt.nu/forum/index.php?showtopic=77089&st=0&searchtime=

The good thing is that the bda drivers work with the card.

/Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
Replies
Views
It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
Replies
Views
Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
Replies
Views
So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
Replies
Views
That's great. Glad there is no issue.
That's great. Glad there is no issue.
I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom