DVB subtiles crash BBC HD (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Just applied the patch and it seems to do the trick. Yipee!
    I'm guessing you're just delaying the start of showing subs until some seconds after tuning into the HD channel as I can notice a short delay which isn't the case when tuning into an SD channel.

Subtitles are always sent with a small delay, depends on the broadcaster (between, 0.2 seconds up to 5 seconds). So the first subtitle can appear only after that delay is met (as we don't have a time machine that would fetch us the subtitle bitmaps from the past, before the channel was tuned :D).

Quick question: is this is definitive fix and is this only applicable to BBC HD or to all HD channels?

It aplies all the HD channels. There was a time window when no subtitle bitmap had still wrong size info and some optimization code was causing a crash.

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Aha, very cool !

Thanks Pletskop and Tourettes for wringing out this error. It makes MP better and better and better.:D:D

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Just a report back for the devs. Since the fix in recently released svn - DVB-subtitles are working perfectly on all channels including BBC HD, not had a single crash since upgrading.

Thanks so much for fixing this problem. WAF goes up another notch.

Pletskop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

Just to indicate that I also have had no issues anymore with the DVB subs on any channel!
    This is great!

Tx a lot!

musogeek1

February 16, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i have the latest release version of mp (1.0) - i am holding back on using the svn's, but i a could really do with a fix for dvb subs/hd crash. i don't want to disable hd channels, but my wife likes to use subtitles as often doesn't hear the telly above our daughter! On my configuration, recorded programs use my dvb-t tuner (rather than my dvb-s tuner which has the HD channels on) as priority which doesn't use teletext subs. I know it is possible to go into the settings and disable dvb subs when an HD channel with dvb subs is viewed, but it is a bit long winded! - as the 1.0.1 release is delayed, is there a temp fix? - i tried the DVBSub2.ax file but it stopped me getting any dvb subs at all (so i guess it is for an svn release) I will be putting my donation in as soon as i can use this important feature, as apart from this- mp is top notch!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Unfortunately updating DVBSub2.ax is not enough, few things inside MP has been changed aswell. 1.0.1 release shouldn't be that far away.

Pletskop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Tourettes,

Just a quickie.
    Could you confirm that the patch you provided to solve this problem is also incorporated in the new 1.0.1 release?

Thanks,

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom