[confirm] DVB Subtitles default on (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
OK, just tested with v16 again with MS Decoder and no lockups. Then I changed back to Cyberlink (from within MP GUI) and still no lockups :)

One thing that's different at the moment is that RadeonPro isn't running, so perhaps that's been causing problems. I also turned Catalyst A.I. down in CCC from High Quality to Performance and ticked "Enable Surface Format Optimisation" (my RP MP profile has the latter disabled, which would override CCC if RP is running when MP starts).

I've attached my RadeonPro MP profile (goes in go in Users\xx\Appdata\Roaming\RadeonPro\Profiles) and my RadeonPro config (goes in Users\xx\Appdata\Roaming\RadeonPro\) in case you want to test with that to see if you can recreate the crashing.

Incidentally, I found previously that AF needs to be set to Application Controlled and Morphological Filtering needs to be disabled for MP to work properly, which is one of the reasons I use RadeonPro, so that I can set profiles using AF and Morph for certain games but not MP.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Hmm, not sure what happened here but I had TV on in the background and just looked at it and there was just a black screen. Sound was playing normally, which is why I hadn't noticed before, so not sure exactly when this happened.

I couldn't move my mouse to the TV and nor could I stop playback with the remote. I tried alt-tabbing and got to the desktop on the TV but then couldn't even get the black screen to stay up (after releasing alt-tab on MP, it just went back to the desktop), so I had to kill MP.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    OK, just tested with v16 again with MS Decoder and no lockups. Then I changed back to Cyberlink (from within MP GUI) and still no lockups :)

One thing that's different at the moment is that RadeonPro isn't running, so perhaps that's been causing problems. I also turned Catalyst A.I. down in CCC from High Quality to Performance and ticked "Enable Surface Format Optimisation" (my RP MP profile has the latter disabled, which would override CCC if RP is running when MP starts).

I've attached my RadeonPro MP profile (goes in go in Users\xx\Appdata\Roaming\RadeonPro\Profiles) and my RadeonPro config (goes in Users\xx\Appdata\Roaming\RadeonPro\) in case you want to test with that to see if you can recreate the crashing.

Incidentally, I found previously that AF needs to be set to Application Controlled and Morphological Filtering needs to be disabled for MP to work properly, which is one of the reasons I use RadeonPro, so that I can set profiles using AF and Morph for certain games but not MP.

I don't have ATI Card but Nvidia (on both PC) so maybe it can explain that !!! But without the patch it seems that all works correctly so, i'm a little perplex.

Seb :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hmm, not sure what happened here but I had TV on in the background and just looked at it and there was just a black screen. Sound was playing normally, which is why I hadn't noticed before, so not sure exactly when this happened.

I couldn't move my mouse to the TV and nor could I stop playback with the remote. I tried alt-tabbing and got to the desktop on the TV but then couldn't even get the black screen to stay up (after releasing alt-tab on MP, it just went back to the desktop), so I had to kill MP.

Weird, going to see log :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I think we should go back to 1.2.1 and only test new core.dll for that version :) (so you can make a clean or put in back your backup)
    I will prepare new core :)

I have update link for IRC in Wiki if you are available :)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    OK, did another test with v16 and RadeonPro running but I deleted the MP profile and I didn't get any lockups :)

It could just be that "Enable Surface Format Optimisation" makes the difference, as that was disabled in CCC and the RadeonPro profile before and is enabled in CCC now (and there is no RP MP profile to override it). There's a Global profile (attached) which I presume is still being used, but that has this setting enabled anyway.

In case it's not that setting but something else that was in my RP MP profile, I've rearranged the Global profile and the MP profile so that the settings in both are in the same place and left a blank line before the settings that are only in one or the other, to make it easier for you to compare them. :)

EDIT: Forgot the logs!

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Just had a weird bug where a recording started, and the notification pop-up appeared three times (i.e. appeared, then disappeared, then appeared again, etc)!

With StreamedMP I also noticed several instances of the same thing in Home, as I did with DefaultWide before, so I checked the Home plugin and that shows:

myPlugins
    Search Music
    StreamedMP Configuration
    Radio
    TV
    Radio
    TV
    Play Disc
    Music
    Pictures
    Settings
    Videos
    Weather

Not really sure how to correct this as there's no delete option on that screen.

I've noticed that render time has decreased quite a bit to around 2-3ms now, although that may be because I'm not using a profile in RadeonPro (or particularly because I've enabled Surface Format Optimisation). Render time does go up, and up more than it did before (ie 15-20ms) when MP loses focus though. I'll have to do some more tests with RP and that setting when I don't mind if my PC locks up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom