DVB-t Channel Names Not Picked Up (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    KoktGrus

The patch is submitted for the Dev's to check that when inserted into a svn, it does not break something else, so it may take a few days before a release is made.

it's a bit strange that not more people have commented on this problem, as we know it is affecting DVB-T tuning generally, unless it is specific to UK\Sweden transmissions only.

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Aha, OK!

Is there some way for me to use it? Or do i HAVE to wait? =P

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    it's a bit strange that not more people have commented on this problem, as we know it is affecting DVB-T tuning generally, unless it is specific to UK\Sweden transmissions only.

I suspect that this is because there is a workaround using XMLTV etc. However, I do think it is necessary to implement DVB-T because not everyone will have their mediaPC connected to the internet, and it also makes things a lot simpler during setup and tweaking.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I suspect that this is because there is a workaround using XMLTV etc. However, I do think it is necessary to implement DVB-T because not everyone will have their mediaPC connected to the internet, and it also makes things a lot simpler during setup and tweaking

Na i was just talking about other Countrys that receive DVB-T, ie Germany, Australia, France, Spain etc, without any complaints about the same issue.

That's why i was wondering if it was a specific issue with a individual Transponder code that is causing the problem.

KoktGrus

Like me you have to wait, sorry my friend.

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    PD - Our great friend xory has posted a patch that solves this problem, hopefully it will be into an svn in the next days... =)

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I see this problem to, but until now all channels have been in database for a while (no retuning has been made). Maybe thats way?

Jesse

Portal Member
    May 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is it not posible to put in channels manualy?? have the same problem....

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Bump.

Any news on when the patch will make its way into SVN? It's the only thing stopping me updating/testing newer versions.

Thanks,

Mark

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Odd that considering we are testing towards a stable build that the ability to scan correctly and accuately is sadly lacking.

Feedback on specific code change and SVN date has been given by more accomplished coders and yet no progress has been made.

If specific testing parallel to the SVN releases is needed let us know in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom