DVB-t Channel Names Not Picked Up (1 Viewer)

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
I think the relevant svn files should be reverted to 12899. It quite clearly introduced a serious bug preventing correct scanning of tv channels, which given that mediaportal is primarily a pvr renders it unuseable for those affected. That's what svn is for to rollback when rogue code gets added that seriously breaks things.

It is nearly 3 months since I originally reported this issue in as detailed a bug report as is possible here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tiondecoder-t21258.html?t=21258&highlight=svn The relevant dll module is shipped pre-compiled and the c++ source doesn't compile under vs2005 or I would have fixed it myself. Having spent 12+ hours trawling back, recompiling, testing many svn's to locate it. I didn't see the point in further testing svn's for other bugs that wouldn't get fixed so have stuck with 0.2.2.0 which though it has some bad bugs I can work around them or reboot if worst case.

There's nothing in TVE3 I actually need, though some things would be nice. I'd rather run 4 independant mediaportals on a single machine via 2 video cards (2 monitors on each) and an 8 channel sound card (4 x stereo) than stump up the electricity bill for 4 seperate machines using the client/server architecture, dunno if thats possible now/future? but I'm going O.T. so I'll leave it there. Keep up the good work guys, despite my disappointment re bug fixing, the hard work is much appreciated.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I still hope that the MP team could look into this and make it work as in pre-12899 builds.

I am just wondering what a new user to MP would think if he/she run into this problem the first time they scan for channels when trying the product...? Do we really want them to experience this - before they even has started the MP GUI/Frontend?

I must admit that I haven't tested it though lately - perhaps this is fixed already?

Anyway, keep up the good work MP team!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe we should offer the patched tswriter.ax for download. Currently it might work for those few of you but for the majority it breaks channel scanning.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks, for the reply rtv. I certainly would appreciate a separate download of the "patched" tswriter.ax.

What exactly is the problem with some transponders? Do they not adhere to the standard or why do I and several with me have this problem with certain transponders?

:D

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sadly we are unable to reproduce this issue,
    And.. its taking way to loong:-(

So.. What now?
    To fix this, we need somebody (who has this problem) to make a .ts dump
    This can be done with mytheatre and/or tsreader(lite)

What do we need:
    - a .ts capture of the DVB-T transponder which fails (at least 2 minutes!!!)
    - the capture SHOULD contain the PMT,PAT and SDT pids

The PAT pid = 0x0
    The SDT pid = 0x11 (17 decimal)
    The PMT pids are dynamic and depend on the provider & transponder.
    You will need to look those up in tsreaderlite or mytheathre

If you have found all the requered pids, please capture them
    to a .ts file and make it available for download for us.
    With this .ts file we'll be able to see what's happening
    and we're pretty sure we can fix it very quickly

Regards

Frodo

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, thanks frodo. I will try to get youi that file ASAP. I'm downloading TSReader Lite right now... The PIDs and stuff I don't really know what it means, but I do have "export.xml" of the working channels on this problem transponder, that in my case is on "546 000 MHz" freq. I will report back.

How many PIDs do you need ?
    TS Reader LIte only allows me to record one PID at a time...

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I did not manage to "Record Program" inside TSReader Lite - probably because all of the TV channles on this transponder is scrambled. TSReader LIte perhaps do not support scrambled channels?!

However, I was able "Record PID" within TSREader - if those .bin files is to any use to you? I attach them for the time being.

Thanks

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    However, I was able "Record PID" within TSREader - if those .bin files is to any use to you? I attach them for the time being.

Not really
    I need all the pat,pmt & sdt pids in 1 file , and the sdt (pid 0x11) is missing :-(

If you have trouble finding the pids, a full-transponder capture (all pids) is fine too.
    However such file will be big...

Frodo

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK, Frodo. My problem is that i don't get any .ts when selecting "Record Program... " in TSReader Lite. It starts but I only get 1 kb file when selecting a PMT PID. And the Lite version would not let me "Record MUX..." ..

So if you can direct me on how to create a .ts file - I would be happy to provide it for you. I really don't want to buy a product (TSReader FULL) just to collect a .ts file...

:D

Wronguname

Portal Member
    June 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    This is from dvb-c network though, but problem is the same.

Feeding this to Progdvb TS reader module and then having it scan channels in transport stream works properly.

I only recorded PAT, SDT and _1_ PMT pid. There're both TV and radio channels on that transponder, both come up with names as hex numbers and marked as FTA, though they're scrambled.

I can record all PMT pids if that's necessary.

Edit :
    since it wound up so small, attached tsrecord2 with PAT + SDT + all PMT pids, ~3 minutes long recording just in case. That's from second troublesome transponder in our network.

Yes, it's created with TSReaderFull.

In fact had to capture full ts to file first and then run it through TSReader to get only necessary pids. Because TSReader doesn't support dvb-c card i have here, with experimental BDA module too.

Since TSReader is very expensive would be good if there were TS capture tools in mediaportal for such occasions. And maybe even ability to use TS file as input

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom