DVB-T radio channels shows as TV channels. (1 Viewer)

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have a 1.0 database and I changed to IsRadio=true and IsTV=false, but it doesn't work.

Niclas

jblomb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 17, 2007
    Sundsvall
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    THATS IT!! Lol. I changed isRadio to false in table TuningDetail and suddenly...

card: user: NC9:3:-1 tune DVBT:tv: SR SR-Klassiskt

changed it back to true and...

NC9:2:-1 tune DVBT:radio: SR SR-Klassiskt

....at least for me :D

Note, not just table Channel, but table TuningDetail also.

hakuna

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2004
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Whohoo! Me too! First there was a hickup, I did not have FFdshow on the server machine as I normally not use it for viewing...

2009-01-07 19:57:36.968750 [33]: dvbt: tune: Submitting tune request: SubId -1, channel DVBT:radio:confused:R SR-P1 Freq:610000 ONID:8945 TSID:1021 SID:3010 PMT:0xBC2 FTA:True LCN:801 BandWidth:8

How to mark the entire thread as fixed?

Suggestion for FAQ or wiki:

To get (Swedish) DVB T radio channels to work you need to:
    1. Install server manager
    GeneralRequirements - MediaPortal Manual Documentation
    2. Open the tables Channel and TuningDetail and change the channels
    to: IsTV=False and IsRadio=True

The sound format from SR is MPEG1 L2 stereo, 256 kbit/s.
    Tre SR-kanaler i marknätet för digital-tv - sr.se

Niclas

jblomb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 17, 2007
    Sundsvall
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Made a small utility to change isRadio to true for all channels that starts with the name "SR-".
    It doesn't change isTV but it's not necessary.

With this you dont need management studio express.

unpack and run. (swedish app :p)
    if it can't find the correct gentle.config copy it manually from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

Good luck :)

Attachments

• Update SR Channels.zip
      30.7 KB

Prositdwarf

Portal Member
    November 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    hakuna: Yup, that's pretty much it. Tho i noticed now that it didnt really matter, since i could tune to the same channel in TV section just as well now.. That didn't work before as far as i can recall... I remember that i once made other changes too, like set video pid to -1. But after that i have deleted the database and recreated it again, so that couldn't be it. Is your database recently setup or an old one?

Prosit: to change these settings in the database it's easiest to get Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express 2005, but as i wrote above, that change doesn't seem necessary to tune to the channel as a TV channel (as i found out today). It is necessary tho to get it to show up among the radio channels :) Gesundheit.
    jblomb: I´ve been with computers for 40 years, but never come close to databases, so even though I have the SQL Server Management Studio Express 2005 installed, I am completetly lost. Have to read thru tutorials if not someone can give some quick steps to get the clue of it.

Made a small utility to change isRadio to true for all channels that starts with the name "SR-".
    It doesn't change isTV but it's not necessary.

With this you dont need management studio express.

unpack and run. (swedish app :p)
    if it can't find the correct gentle.config copy it manually from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

Good luck :)
    I´ll try your utility, the SQL things will be a later thing.

Prositdwarf

Portal Member
    November 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Works like a charm. I just unpacked to a temp folder and run the exe-file. I noticed that the radio channels now shows and can be run both in MyRadio and MyTV.

And finally I figured out how to open and edit the database tables. Found that if you dont want them in MyTV you can change IsTV to False (in both the Channel table and the TuningDetail table).

Many thanks!

Vispen74

Portal Member
    February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Suggestion for FAQ or wiki:

To get (Swedish) DVB T radio channels to work you need to:
    1. Install server manager
    GeneralRequirements - MediaPortal Manual Documentation
    2. Open the tables Channel and TuningDetail and change the channels
    to: IsTV=False and IsRadio=True

Niclas

And how to edit the database inside SQL Server Management Studio Express??? I have tried a lot, but I don´t see how to open up and edit the database?

Please explain!

hakuna

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2004
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Databases - MPTvDB - Tables - dbo.Channel (and dbo.Tuningdetail) - Right click - Open Table - Overwrite IsTV "true" with "false" and vice versa with IsRadio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom