DVBT 2 (3 Viewers)

debaser_uk

Portal Pro
June 15, 2006
NE Lincs, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
So I've mailed Blakgold to ask for tentative release dates - I will report back when I get some more info.

From BlackGold:

'We hope to release this towards the end of the year.

The determining factor being the volume availability of some of the key components. The chips used are very new, leading edge, so are in very high demand.'

I guess all the silicon has been snapped up by the PVR and set top box manufacturers. Still, the end of the year is almost looming - hooray, Christmas soon then!!

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Very interesting. In Germany there's a DVB-T2 Test Area close to Hamburg. See: Modellversuch DVB-T2

I found a DVB-T2 Stick from PCTV Systems here. They say: "Auch die zukünftigen terrestrischen HDTV-Programme sind für den PCTV nanoStick kein Problem." Which means this stick is ready for future HDTV in DVB-T2".
    So I wrote them in order to tell me if I can receive anything yet in that area with this stick.

brian_damage

Portal Member
    June 16, 2008
    Hmm... I wonder how much that will cost.
    The Hauppauge USB device is reported as being £99.

Says "to be released shortly" on their website. Whatever that is supposed to mean!

Unfortunatley, with BlackGold, that probably means December 2011. The BGT3595 arrived a year late, and that wasn't dependent on the availability of T2 tuner silicon...

Perhaps a silly question: if there is only one DVB-T2 mux broadcasting in the UK, why would anyone need more than one DVB-T2 tuner?

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Because it probably doubles as a DVB-T tuner as well, so you can view normal freeview as well as the freeview HD channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
    Replies
    Views
    It took a while but loading the three updates and waiting, (I wandered off doing other things), while the Win 7 searched for updates eventually brought about 170 available updates. I picked the latest, largest and Cumulative ones and everything burst into action enough to re-install MediaPortal 1.33 which is running very well. I let...
    It took a while but loading the three updates and waiting, (I wandered off doing other things), while the Win 7 searched for...
    Hi Running MP1 - 1.39 for long while, no issues. 10th April [same time as 2024-KB5037036 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework...
    Replies
    Views
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism of working with playlists in online broadcasts. Well, here you need to look at what is happening in the Media Portal player. And find someone who understands how it works.
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism...
    I am running the latest "any cpu" version of the Radio Time plugin with MP 1.33 x64 which is working well except some of my...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Volume property DE
    Thank you very much
    Thank you very much
    Good evening, Does anyone know if there is a Mediaportal property to report the current volume level as an integer? I have looked...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom