[fixed] DVD menu freeze. musik plays for a bit when using EVR (1 Viewer)

andraves

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I've now tried the old dshowhelper.dll and EVR on MP RC 1.Everything is working as it should on DVD playing.

Enclosed is a bugreport of my system with the dshowhelper.dll installed by MP RC 1 and EVR activated.

Hope you find a solution on this problem.

Best regards
    Andraves

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue. All DVDs that I tried have no issues with the menus (Windows 7 - EVR renderer - MS Video decoder - MS DVD navigator).

fortuna

Portal Member
    October 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i changed the RC1 core.dll with the .dll from manfreds sticky thread a few weeks ago. when i changed it back to the original RC1 .dll the dvd menu problems are gone. with the newer core.dll changing to VMR9 or/and using the old dshowhelper.dll from this thread didn't solve the problem. what about the others, which core.dll do you use?

chrholm

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I use Manfreds core.dll with the different graph building, and I also have the problem with menu freezes. If I just quickly click ok, I can get the movie to play. Not always though. THe subtitles doesn't work either, but I think that is fixed for RC2.

fortuna

Portal Member
    October 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use Manfreds core.dll with the different graph building, and I also have the problem with menu freezes. If I just quickly click ok, I can get the movie to play. Not always though. THe subtitles doesn't work either, but I think that is fixed for RC2.

have you tried the dshowhelper.dll from this thread with manfreds core.dll?

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A recent duplicate entry explained the problem better. I now know what you guys mean.

It's about single frame menus that do not get rendered. I came across this glitch a few times. It's an issue with the MS DVD Navigator. I'm having a hard time to reproduce this. I happens maybe 1 out of 100 still menus I navigate to. The menus itself work but you just don't see the still menu. Music plays because there is music in the menu without a music loop.

Pressing "DVD Menu" should get you back to the main menu and be a solution for this issue for now.

No need to post any more logs as this issue does not create any log entries as it's related to the MS DVD Navigator. It probably can be solved by using a different audio codec. Some work better with MS DVD Navigator some worse.

I opened a Mantis Issue for this one: 0002775: DVD still menus are sometimes not rendered when using EVR and MS DVD Navigator - MediaPortal Bugtracker

You guys might to need try some binaries for me in the next few days as I can't really reproduce the problem on demand.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For the ones who can reproduce this issue, please try the attached DLLs and let me know if this fixes the navigation problems. As I cannot reproduce it, it's the first try of a blind fix.

Edit: Fix removed as newer version is available

micmanm

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    For the ones who can reproduce this issue, please try the attached DLLs and let me know if this fixes the navigation problems. As I cannot reproduce it, it's the first try of a blind fix.

With this DLLs on my system (W7x64Ru+RC1+saf500svn100315) I can enter to DVD menus and navigate successfully
    with combinations of ffdshow for audio and ffdshow,Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder(PDVD9),Microsoft DTV-DVD video decoder for video.

Best video quality give me combination of ffdshow audio + ffdshow video.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    What have we learned from this issue? Good quality bug reports are essential for the developers to be able to solve the issues. I wasn't even able to reproduce the issue since the required information just was not available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom