[fixed] DVD menu freeze. musik plays for a bit when using EVR (1 Viewer)

swissracer65

Portal Member
January 7, 2009
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
AW: Re: DVD menu freeze. musik plays for a bit when using EVR

:D@scythe42

I had no DVD menu freeze with the last fix and suspend/resume made no problems.

It's a pity that the core.dll from your the second fix make the standby issue, because it has fixed my HDTV-Picture freeze.
I'm looking forward that this "new" issue also will be fixed soon.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Re: DVD menu freeze. musik plays for a bit when using EVR

It's a pity that the core.dll from your the second fix make the standby issue, because it has fixed my HDTV-Picture freeze. I'm looking forward that this "new" issue also will be fixed soon.
    The "missing" fix will be in RC2 that's scheduled for next month at the moment. I'm still trying to reproduce the standby/resume issue to make sure it will not happen with RC2. So far no luck.

swissracer65

Portal Member
    January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: Re: AW: Re: DVD menu freeze. musik plays for a bit when using EVR

It's a pity that the core.dll from your the second fix make the standby issue, because it has fixed my HDTV-Picture freeze. I'm looking forward that this "new" issue also will be fixed soon.
    The "missing" fix will be in RC2 that's scheduled for next month at the moment. I'm still trying to reproduce the standby/resume issue to make sure it will not happen with RC2. So far no luck.
    @scythe42

I have tried the core.dll from @manfred from "Playing problems in RC1: TV, radio, AVI, DXVA" and this core.dll fix the HDTV-issue without standby/resume issue.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: DVD menu freeze. musik plays for a bit when using EVR

@scythe42

I have tried the core.dll from @manfred from "Playing problems in RC1: TV, radio, AVI, DXVA" and this core.dll fix the HDTV-issue without standby/resume issue.

Well, that core.dll is not based on the same SVN revision, so you cannot compare the results.

Duke2000

October 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Here's the fix without post RC1 code for those who having problems with waking up their HTPC from standby.

If you already installed the previous one and have no problems there is no need to use this one. Of course it would be nice if someone could test this in case I made a mistake when reverting post RC1 code.

Please DON'T use this version of the patch together with the updated core.dll from earlier posts in this thread.

Is this file a fix for the DVD freeze? I tried it but I still got DVD freeze. Or am I supposed to get the core.dll everyone seems to be talking about in this thread? Where can I get this file? The DVD freeze issue is a real pain.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is this file a fix for the DVD freeze? I tried it but I still got DVD freeze. Or am I supposed to get the core.dll everyone seems to be talking about in this thread? Where can I get this file? The DVD freeze issue is a real pain.
    The fix is for freezing menus (single frame menus were not shown correctly). You don't need the core.dll I added in previous versions of the patch that caused other problems.

If you still have problems with the fix, please let me know on which DVD and I try to reproduce it. Logs are not needed as there is no indication in the logs of this problem. Your codec settings on the other hand are more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom