[fixed] DVD menu freeze. musik plays for a bit when using EVR (1 Viewer)

rak

Portal Pro
March 5, 2008
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Thanks for the dll. I will try it today.

On my system I have these DVD menu freezes too. But in my case thay happen almost all the time with some DVDs. When it freeze - e.g. there is only black screen, I can still stop the DVD, but only within some time. After that time the MP freeze totally and I have to kill it.

In addition, I have the freezes also with non-still menus. For example I jump into DVD menu, that renders fine. However like crholm if I select "play movie" from that menu, I often get only black screen with playing sound. I have tried ffdshow, which triggers this almost everytime. With PDVD decoder it is not so frequent, but still unusable.

christix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2008
    Skepplanda
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Eureka!! That did the trick. DVD menus are now working as good as ever, with the new dll:s :D:thx

Edit: I was to fast in my happiness. With the new core.dll I get a black screen when resuming from standby.
    DVD navigation works thoug, with just dshowhelper.dll replaced.

Only way out from the black screen is Ctrl+Alt+Del, and log out. Cant kill MP any other way.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Tourettes, i'm french, DVD promblem are Disney, for me 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea !

i don't test your files.

neilk

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    For the ones who can reproduce this issue, please try the attached DLLs and let me know if this fixes the navigation problems. As I cannot reproduce it, it's the first try of a blind fix.

:D

Replaced core.dll and dshowhelper.dll with EVR enabled and DVD menus are working as they should again!

Using FFDshow for video & audio

Regards

Neil

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    ms DTV DVD and Power DVD 9 ! who use roxio cineplayer codec ?

it's ok with dxva enable ?

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Edit: I was to fast in my happiness. With the new core.dll I get a black screen when resuming from standby. DVD navigation works thoug, with just dshowhelper.dll replaced.
    This could be an issue with the current SVN version I build the DLLs upon as it is work in progress. I try to reproduce it later this week.

I'll clean up the code I added and provide you guys with a 2nd set of DLLs later today that should work identical. It's just better code and some other stuff cleaned up. If these work ok, I'll commit the change for RC2.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here's a cleaned up version of the last fix.

If you guys could please be so kind and give it another test. I really appreciate your testing efforts. If this fixes the navigation issues as well I can commit the fix to the SVN repository.

Edit: Fix removed as newer version is available

neilk

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Here's a cleaned up version of the last fix.

If you guys could please be so kind and give it another test. I really appreciate your testing efforts. If this fixes the navigation issues as well I can commit the fix to the SVN repository.

The new files still work perfectly well on my system!!!! I am a happy user once again :)

Thanks for the efforts put into resolving this matter

Cheers

Neil

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Fixed in SVN 25287

Thanks again to all of you for testing. If there are any other DVD playback issues with the new DLLs please let me know...

christix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2008
    Skepplanda
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi again. With theese last "cleaned dll:s" core.dll give me a black screen when resuming from standby. DVD navigation works thoug, with just dshowhelper.dll replaced. Cant attache any logs as I have to kill MP. I would be sad thoug, if that core.dll
    makes in to RC2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom