[fixed] DVD menu freeze. musik plays for a bit when using EVR (1 Viewer)

rak

Portal Pro
March 5, 2008
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Yes, it rocks! I have no more DVD menu issues.

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi again. With theese last "cleaned dll:s" core.dll give me a black screen when resuming from standby. DVD navigation works thoug, with just dshowhelper.dll replaced. Cant attache any logs as I have to kill MP. I would be sad thoug, if that core.dll
    makes in to RC2

Tried the DLLs too, but indeed, MP 'hangs' when getting out of standby. DVD navigation works perfectly though.

christix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2008
    Skepplanda
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi again. With theese last "cleaned dll:s" core.dll give me a black screen when resuming from standby. DVD navigation works thoug, with just dshowhelper.dll replaced. Cant attache any logs as I have to kill MP. I would be sad thoug, if that core.dll
    makes in to RC2

I don't think "Fixed" is the right label on this thread.

But as always :D for all your work:)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    makes in to RC2

Could be conflict with the core.dll and rest of the components (this is always the risk when patching only part of binaries and not using full release). Or it could be a new bug in pre-RC2, which is most likely not related to those video render changes at all (after all video renderer is not related to S3/S4 in any way). So, fixed is correct one since the issue in this thread is solved.

swissracer65

Portal Member
    January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: Re: DVD menu freeze. musik plays for a bit when using EVR

makes in to RC2

Could be conflict with the core.dll and rest of the components (this is always the risk when patching only part of binaries and not using full release). Or it could be a new bug in pre-RC2, which is most likely not related to those video render changes at all (after all video renderer is not related to S3/S4 in any way). So, fixed is correct one since the issue in this thread is solved.

I had also the problem with some DVDMenu's and found the solution in the "cleaned dll's". And now MP hang also when resuming from suspend.

For me is a fix that create a new problem not really a fix. I hope for RC2.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Re: DVD menu freeze. musik plays for a bit when using EVR

I had also the problem with some DVDMenu's and found the solution in the "cleaned dll's". And now MP hang also when resuming from suspend.

For me is a fix that create a new problem not really a fix. I hope for RC2.

Cleaned DLLs? Did you build the DLLs directly from SVN? If not then those aren't clean.

swissracer65

Portal Member
    January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: Re: AW: Re: DVD menu freeze. musik plays for a bit when using EVR

No, I refer to the cleaned up dll versions "RC1DVDMenufix2.zip" from Scythe42 .

With this fix the DVDMenu don't freeze und also another issue, a freeze from LiveTV when watching HDTV with CoreAVC, is solved. But this fix create unfortunately a new issue, MP freeze after resume from suspend and I have to kill the process in the taskmanager.

So I say, it is the right way, but the issue is not fixed.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: DVD menu freeze. musik plays for a bit when using EVR

With this fix the DVDMenu don't freeze und also another issue, a freeze from LiveTV when watching HDTV with CoreAVC, is solved. But this fix create unfortunately a new issue, MP freeze after resume from suspend and I have to kill the process in the taskmanager.

Sounds like it still contains post RC1 code since it fixes other issues than the DVD menus (the code commit from SVN is not touching other parts of the MP).

So, I stand still behind my words -> fix for the DVD menu issue is not causing the S3/S4 related issues you are seeing.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: DVD menu freeze. musik plays for a bit when using EVR

Sounds like it still contains post RC1 code since it fixes other issues than the DVD menus (the code commit from SVN is not touching other parts of the MP).
    Yep there's post RC1 code in it. I supplied a matching core.dll for a reason to get some other recent changes a wider test.

The blind fix was based on latest SVN. I'll provide a RC1 based dshelper on the weekend, so people have a fix that doesn't have any other post RC1 code in it.

The DVD menu issue itself is fixed. Looks like there is a standby/wakeup problem introduced in post RC1. I try to reproduce this and if I can open a new Mantis issue for it.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here's the fix without post RC1 code for those who having problems with waking up their HTPC from standby.

If you already installed the previous one and have no problems there is no need to use this one. Of course it would be nice if someone could test this in case I made a mistake when reverting post RC1 code.

Please DON'T use this version of the patch together with the updated core.dll from earlier posts in this thread.

Attachments

• RC1DVDMenuFix3.zip
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom