[solved] Dynamic refresh rate not working (3 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    But i maybe found why, need to look the code again but buse lately, mediainfo is started in a thread to avoid rare freeze/deadlock that can happen and than refresh rate is executed before mediainfo parse information, i know that some video variable bitrate can failed but i think it's not the case here finally lol.

Rate is detected after :

[2018-06-26 16:38:04,704] [Log ] [MediaInfoWrapper] [DEBUG] - MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper: FrameRate : 23,976

So need to think about it and need to find a way to reproduce it for debugging purpose :)

mathem

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok some how, mediainfo wasable to detect frame rate from the video :

So it will not try to change DRR, i already seen this when the video has a variable bitrate can you try to remux one of your video and test again and if that failed, can you upload a sample ?
    I still dont understand.... it stopped working around the time I installed 1.20 pre for ANY movie. Sample sure will not help to anything. I blame a "strange" combination of LAV filter, AMD or Windows update.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I still dont understand.... it stopped working around the time I installed 1.20 pre for ANY movie. Sample sure will not help to anything. I blame a "strange" combination of LAV filter, AMD or Windows update.

In fact it can be timing related so it can works or not :)
    So let's try with above dll based on 1.20Pre and i think it should be better, if it's OK, then need to find a better way or at least wait the mediainfo is ready :p

mathem

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mathem to validate the theory, attached is mediainfo started in main thread to see if it solve your case for now :)
    Youre a genius, IT WORKS NOW! Thank you! So how can I help you more? Ill do anything for your testing :)

Actually I have a super fast AMD 1700 8 cores CPU, so it is too fast for your software :-D

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I will try to code something and tag your here if you can try like you can reproduce it easily, it's nice :p
    So thanks for confirming that it's timing issue, will try to look a little the code now to see if something quick can be done :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

In your logs we can see this error :
    Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaPortal.Video.Database.VideoDatabase.UpdateUserGroupWithRule(Int32)'.

Missing method but not sure why because i have done the code from 1.20 Pre, will maybe create an installer for you to test lol.
    Let's see :p

Users who are viewing this thread