Dynamic refresh rate under Windows 10 (I've an Amd video card) (1 Viewer)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    No. a generic "main current screen" It's not important which is its device ID, when MP will run itget this information by the screen order number using the current value.
    So if I start MP whe AsusVL207 is main screen and Marantz-AVR is the second screen. MP start on the Asus. If I start MP when the Marantz-AVR is the primary MP start on it.
    An additional simplification to the MP setup.
    Read the last merged post here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...an-amd-video-card.132066/page-11#post-1154799 because it's related to.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So you want MP to always start on primary screen (set in windows). Not if it's doable, or if yes, need another option, we try to avoid to add new option :)
    Ofc we can detect the primary screen so maybe it's possible but this mean that the screen selection should be off if such option is set

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    So you want MP to always start on primary screen (set in windows). Not if it's doable, or if yes, need another option, we try to avoid to add new option :)
    Ofc we can detect the primary screen so maybe it's possible but this mean that the screen selection should be off if such option is set

Not really . not a new option, in the screen selection the first item could be "current main screen", the second one "current first extended screen" (if exist) e after those the specific device (by edid) as usual

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have try something (but need new option) :

With the new option checked, MP will always start on Primary screen set in Windows :)

upload_2015-10-2_13-41-54.png

upload_2015-10-2_13-42-3.png

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Good !

Please note than in the new Catalyst there is a specific screen for that selection. Sorry but it's a screen shot for the Italian Windows installation I take some week ago.
    I don't remember if the description is "screen primary", should be the same (I don't know is Nvidia users have a similar feature)

Imho in start screen you should not display any information about the screen order because can change when MP start! different than in the configurator, I mean.

"use only detected ..." is absolutely perfect and adequate as I try to ask you in the other thread.

launch MP on a secondary /extended display monitor should be avoided always due reliability issues

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Guys :)

I think i will merge both setting, while debugging, i notice that in rare case, the wrong screen will be selected.
    So i will push the change in the branch :)

@regeszter wait to merge it to 1.13 pre release because need fix to do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom