end of MPC-HC development (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is sad. I've also read about this yesterday. Some people mentioned MPC-BE as alternative, but I'm not sure how much own development is in there and what was simply taken over from MPC-HC.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    other alternatives would be PotPlayer or MediaPlayer .NET (MPDN)

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Yeah, it's a bit sad. Then again, MPC-HC does everything I need it to do as-is, so it will probably be a long time before I need to think about using a different player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    Both the release announcement page and the corresponding news thread are incomplete with respect to installation of SQL Server. I suggest linking to the top-level SQL Server wiki page instead of enumerating the individual versions, which I plan to expand soon to include MS SQL Server Express 2019.
    Both the release announcement page and the corresponding news thread are incomplete with respect to installation of SQL Server. I...
    Both the release announcement page and the corresponding news thread are incomplete with respect to installation of SQL Server. I...
    Replies
    Views
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us! What we offer: Almost unlimited creative leeway The possibility to closely...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom