Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (7 Viewers)

bc420

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2012
    Bring Cash
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi guys have been testing this epg buddy looks good ! nice work ! using mediaportal 1.15.0 i have a small request since this is still in development with the web grab option would it be possible to have a option for channel numbers vrs names? and maybe then a auto map feature on the epg buddy page so when we scan channels every couple of weeks on mepo we don't have to remap these every time a few here and there np ;) but to do it every other week for over 1100 channels is not fun and this is why i would like to get a solid epg working two providers the other request is simple for those of us who have accounts set up with zap.com or tvguide.com lets use our user and password to define our pre selected list and the option for more then one user multiple so this can work .. i have tried many different ways to grab epg from pulling from tv cards epg collector to downloading with mc2xml , schedlues direct ,zap2xml, to me this what you guys are working on here seems to be the best solution to most ppl epg problems thanks for your time i wish i was more savvy with building. maybe i can help with the testing thanks again

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    would it be possible to have a option for channel numbers
    Sadly this is not possible as matching by channel numbers is not supported in xmltv plugin. Even if EPG-Buddy would offer such an option it could not not be used in MP 1 or 2...
    If you want this you first need to find someone who is willing and able to modify the xmltv plugin to your needs. This is nothing we can do as the xmltv plugin is part of the MP TV- engine V 3.0. But as every other part of the TVE 3.0 the xmltv plugin is in code freeze to make the development of TVE 3.5 easier. So don't expect this to happen soon...

a auto map feature on the epg buddy
    EPG-Buddy keeps it's settings so the mapping is saved for the next usage. An automap feature is build into xmltv plugin already. So no need for a second one in EPG-Buddy as here it couldn't be more reliable than there... You're not forced to do the mapping inside EPG-Buddy at all, if you don't want. The mapping feature inside EPG-Buddy only is to give a perfect match inside the xmltv plugin without any extra work there...

when we scan channels every couple of weeks on mepo we don't have to remap these every time a few here and there np ;) but to do it every other week for over 1100 channels is not fun
    You only need to remap channels that are new or have changed it's names. Everything else stays without any user action.

tvguide.com
    We are right now working on a direct support for tvguide.com. This will be lot faster and easier to use than the way with WebGrab+Plus (similar to the German "TVSpielfilm" module). But we need a few more weeks until this will be ready and available.
    maybe i can help with the testing
    Thanks for the offer. As soon as there is something to test we will tell you.

this what you guys are working on here seems to be the best solution to most ppl
    Thank you very much.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New version 0.4.0.7 in first posting. Now with direct download support for tvguide.com (with multiple accounts/line-ups) and for (multiple) external XML files. I'm in a hurry now so I will explain the changes later today in an extra posting...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Installed the new version...
    Did not get the Start-up error I have been seeing.
    Seems you also fixed the Missing Channels issue!!! Completed configure and an now grabbing for the first time.
    I will report back as soon as that is completed and I have the channels mapped in MP2 TV.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seems you also fixed the Missing Channels issue!!!
    This was a bit tricky one as those channels have an identical ID on tvguide.com, so our tool "thought" they are duplicate entries...
    And now the new features...
    First there is support for external XML files. Those must be XMLTV compatible to be usable.
    Zwischenablage-4.jpg

You can enter a local path or an URL to a XML or ZIP file (containing a XML). The XML would be downloaded (if needed) and imported into EPG-Buddy. Then you can configure those external data the same as with other data. Change the name of a channel to better match with xmltv plugin and/ or compare the data with TVDB. In the input field you can enter as much path/URL as you need, one per line.

Second, there are more options for the scheduler.
    Zwischenablage-6.jpg

You now can wake up the system to grab epg data without the need of powerscheduler plugin. You also can delay the start of the grabbing, if it can not be executed at planed time. And you can set an option so the system only starts grabbing EPG when idle...

And finally, the very important (at least for ATSC users) direct support for tvguide.com. Before you can use this fast and reliable ATSC EPG source you need to create an account on tvguide.com (if you don't have one already). It's free, so no extra costs. When you've created your account you need to configure your line-up depending on your TV provider and region. When you are done, you can enter your email and password used for the tvguide.com account into EPG-Buddy:
    Zwischenablage-5.jpg

If you need more than one line-up you can create multiple accounts at tvguide.com and configure them different to fit your needs. For this you can enter multiple credentials in EPG-Buddy, one per line. You need to take care that the email and password in a single line belongs together. If not, you won't get any EPG- data...

And now, have fun.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ahh, forgot something- After enabling tvguide (or external XML) and entering the credentials you need to restart EPG-Buddy. After the restart the channel- list is filled. Without a restart it stays empty.

bc420

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2012
    Bring Cash
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Great that we have options for as many users as we need now the program don't crash cheers ... one thing I asked before for us all over here in north and south america which is key importance for me when using this is I need to be able to have channel id number before the name .. why you asked me names match everything , no they do not and it turns my mapping and guide into a absolute mess hours and hours of mapping on epg buddy then mediaportal to have a guide that doesn't work for me when after ten mins on schedules direct with mc2xml can give it to me ether way which is why I guess we pay them for it because it works even if the guide info is not as rich and basic its only takes me few mins per provider to set up on there end and after I download my guide info the mapping on mediaportal is easy like ten mins maybe 30 channels with miss matched info out of 1260 the other thing is I have 4 or 5 of the same named channels does not mean that they are the same how does one map them with out a number? in this case, this is why I asked I have same channel names but different providers different time zones . until I can use numbers and name to map I think I will just abandon this epg buddy because I have wasted days and days now to have a not so great guide mess .. thanks is there anything you guys can do about this ? I like how stable the epg buddy is now with download from tvguide or web grab plus the added external xml tool which i am about to try with my zap2it.exe. to give my self channel numbers and see if i can't combined both providers through epg buddy and get my channel numbers then names to map easier . this is coming along well I do like how rich the guide info is with epg buddies grabs so I hope we can get this last thing sorted out. thanks you guys for your hard work on this is greatly appreciated is there anything I can do to help ? need some logs ? let me know

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Sorry, but as not native English speaker I simply don't understand what you are talking about...
    As explained earlier, XMLTV plugin in MP1 or MP2 did not support channel numbers at all, so how on earth channel number should help mapping channels because the channel numbers are completely ignored while importing EPG data into the TV database...:confused: This is the case for Schedules Direct and mc2xml too as it is for every other EPG source out there in the whole world....

And you don't need to map a single channel inside EPG-Buddy, if you trust on the automatic mapping in XMLTV plugin... The only thing you need to do ist to create your tvguide.com account(s) set-up your lineup(s) there, add the credentials in EPG-Buddy and your done. Then you can make the mapping in MP, if you prefer...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The new version is not setting up the scheduler properly of something.
    while it runs at the scheduled time, nothing is grabbed. I have checked the logs for each day and they are all the same.
    Here is one log and I exported the task from task scheduler so you could look at it.
    thanks

Attachments

• Grab-EPG.xml
      3.9 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    A new version 0.4.0.8 can be found in first posting.
    Only some small bug fixes but worth the upgrade...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom