Tools and other software EPG-Buddy ATSC USA Testing (3 Viewers)

bc420

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2012
    Bring Cash
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I use different emails to set up these accounts on tvguide.com to make my channel line ups easier . I would say 1-5 users accounts would be more then enough for anyone over here .. But then again someone else could use more, for my self just 2 is needed Thanks again glad to get in touch before the release

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just send an email to support at tvguide asking if it was possible for my account to have 2 or more providers listed on a single account and show it on their web site as 1 page.
    I informed them I have an ATSC and a Wow cable connection that I would like to display all at one time.
    Will see what their response is......

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Here is a first testing version of EPG-Buddy with tvguide.com support. This version only is supporting one tvguide.com account. So you need to decide which of your accounts to use for testing. The "final" version will most likely support multiple (unlimited) tvguide.com accounts. But first we need to know if it is working as it should... Any feedback is very appreciated, thanks.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    I installed the new version.
    Under EPG Source I checked the box for TV Guide and filled in my email and password

Under EPG data the WebGrab+ still works
    EPG 01.jpg
    There must be something more needed for the TVGuide screen... I cannot get it to fill in and there is no Save box
    EPG 02.jpg

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Also, had a crash

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: EPG-Grabber.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0

Problem Signature 03: 58c18b6a

Problem Signature 04: System.Data

Problem Signature 05: 4.6.1087.0

Problem Signature 06: 583e5c25

Problem Signature 07: f69

Problem Signature 08: b7

Problem Signature 09: System.Data.SyntaxErrorException

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.16.7

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 5861

Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2

Additional Information 3: 6ee2

Additional Information 4: 6ee2432e64e99bdcea5e4be767a3b1a2

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There must be something more needed for the TVGuide screen...
    Yes, it is.
    For better understanding...
    When EPG-Buddy starts it refreshes the channel list from all directly supported data provider. At the moment those are "tvspielfilm.de", "epgData.com" and "tvguide.com". For TVSpielfilm and epgData there are no credentials needed to get a full channel list. But for tvguide.com the credentials are needed, as the channel list depends on the user's lineup. That's why there is no channel list available at first start (and this also causes the crash from EPG-Grabber you've seen).

After entering your tvguide.com credentials you either need to hit the "save" button and wait some minutes or restart EPG-Buddy. If you hit the save button or restart the program, EPG-Buddy starts downloading your tvguide.com channels. This may take a few minutes, especially the first time. So best is to stop and start EPG-Buddy as then the splash screen is visible as long as the channel- list grabbing lasts... This is the only reason for the splash screen at all. Without this startup delay for refreshing the channel list there would be no splash screen at all...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    MP2 Server is also having an issue with the files from EPG
    [2017-03-16 05:32:36,729] [67710 ] [61 ] [ERROR] - plugin:xmltv StartImport - File [C:\Program Files (x86)\EPG-Buddy\EPG-Grabber.TVSpielfilm_done.xml] doesn't have read access : Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\EPG-Buddy\EPG-Grabber.TVSpielfilm_done.xml'.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\EPG-Buddy\EPG-Grabber.TVSpielfilm_done.xml'
    This is a relic of the previous installation of EPG-Buddy and you simply can ignore the message. You don't have grabbed any data from tvspielfilm (file not found), but it is listed as one of the EPG sources in the "tvguide.lst" file, that is imported by the xmltv plugin. On next run of EPG-Buddy this should be fixed, if you didn't mark tvspielfilm as EPG-Source...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    if you didn't mark tvspielfilm as EPG-Source...
    Was already checked after the install.... I did not do it..
    Still trying to get this to run... Still getting the MP2 errors

I cannot tell you how many Crashes I have had.... Either when starting EPG or stepping thru the Tabs.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It looks as if your installation is meshed up. Best is to uninstall and delete the EPG-Buddy folder then install new version to start from scratch. Here it never did crash and it is working flawlessly.

Was already checked after the install....
    Possible, need to check this,...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom