Tools and other software EPG-Buddy ATSC USA Testing (3 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The 0xe0434352 error may be caused by windows system files damage.
    Apart from this found at google I have no clue what this is about.
    We need @lightshock here for this...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I removed the program, cleaned up everything and installed the newest version.
    I configured everything and decided to use both Web Grab+ and TV Guide.
    Web grab of ATSC_tvguide worked well.

When it switched over to the TVGuide grab I got a new error

I also just discovered this log file... Seems to show where the TVGuide grabber was when it stopped

upload_2017-3-16_11-59-27.png

Last edited:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    @lightshock I could not get past the Splash Screen with your files
    @Lehmden I still got the DB errors with your files. While the TVGuide section was populated this time, everything listed was for the East timezone, not Central. I did make a change to the ATSC ini file to UTC-06:00 for the timezone but that did nothing.
    My user ID and password was filled in and correct and that did not help.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The new version to test.
    Please do the following. Uninstall previous EPG-Buddy version and remove all remaining files/folders in "c:\Program Files (x86)\EPG-Buddy\" to get a clean start. Then install the 0.3.2.6 version attached here. Now start EPG-Buddy, select the matching TV database in "Setup TV Database"- tab, check tvguide.com in "EPG-Source > USA"- tab and enter your email and password. Then exit EPG-Buddy. Now you can start EPG-Buddy again and your tvguide.com lineup should be loaded correctly (hopefully). You now can start configuring your channels in "EPG-Data > TVGuide"- tab.
    upload_2017-3-17_11-49-21.png

On the left you can set global options like the numbers of days to grab data (1 to 14 is possible), if you always want the plot of a show to be overwritten by the plot from TVDB. If this is not checked, the TVDB- plot only is used if no plot is available in the "original" EPG- data to avoid empty fields.
    You also can select if you never want data to be loaded from TVDB (season and episodes numbers, plot) at all. This is the fastest method to get EPG- data, but will lead to not that rich and nice data...

And here you can change the channel select view (on the right) between database and manual mode. Database mode is more comfortable, manual mode is more flexible. You can change this as often as you want (even for every channel) to configure your channels. The resulting EPG-data did not depend on the channel edit method at all.

In the middle there is a list of all channels from your tvguide.com lineup. As soon as you select a channel here, the edit area on the right is displaying the recent settings for this channel. You can decide if this selected channel should be compared with TVDB to get season and episodes numbers. If not the EPG grabbing is faster so this is useful only on channels that are airing TV series. News channels or similar may not benefit from TVDB compare at all so you can save time by disabling TVDB compare for those channels individually. And you even can disable this channel completely if you untick the mark on"xxx grab from TVGuide?". If you untick this the channel will not get any data at all.

In the dropdown menu you can select the channel name as it is in the MP database, so the matching in the XMLTV plugin will be perfect without any further action there.

In manual mode there is no dropdown menu but a text input field, pre- filled with the channel name used on tvguide.com. Here you can edit this name to whatever matches your TV database. And you also can add more than one name, separated by "|". This is useful if you want to use one set of EPG data for two or more channels (e.g. for a SD and HD version of the same channel) . This is not possible in the database mode and also the reason why you can change the mode as often as you like.

Once you've finished editing this channel, you can click on the next channel (in the middle list) to edit. When you click on the "new" channel, all settings for the previously edited channel are stored in the EPG-Buddy database. This also applies to the "last" channel you're editing. So to store the settings for the last channel you need to click on another channel (no matter which one) to store the settings for the last channel too.

When you've finished the editing you can set a schedule for automatic EPG- grabbing in the "Schedule" tab. Here you also can start a manual grabbing of the EPG-data.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    OMG!!!!! What a Huge Difference!!! (y)
    :D Great Job Guys!!! :cool:

After completing all the steps, this was as easy as eating pie :)

After making sure that MP2-Server picked up the new file for TV, I double checked a lot of channels and it looks Great!!
    (note: anyone in the USA, open the ATSC_tvguide.ini or the standard tvguide.ini (for cable channels) and locate the timezone= You will need to put the correct timezone format in this. For Chicago it is timezone=UTC-06:00 There is no space between C and - )
    TV Guide.jpg

What is Real Interesting is a with a quick check of the xml plugin within SetupTV, the TV Guide is correct even if the mappings are not completed.
    xml plugin.jpg

piscdi

Portal Member
    March 17, 2017
    Minot, Maine
    Home Country
    Nailed it!! Great job to all. Must say I was leery about a TV Guide EPG (have been using Schedules Direct with Lightshock's episode overwrite) but this gives much better info. Series information appears to be universally available, where SD had missing data (e.g. Friends and Law and Order CI never had season/episode info). I guess I won't be spending so much time with TMM now. Had to adjust the time by four hours (negative four hours to be exact) in the TV server, and now it all looks correct.
    I have been using MP2 for a couple of years and this is the first time I felt compelled to create an account; I had to tell you guys how much I admire what you do. Initially I jumped between MP1, MP2 and Kodi, but MP2 is clearly the most stable and reliable of the three (or four if you include PLEX). Excellent job guys. Now if you could just get ComSkip working ;-).........

piscdi

Portal Member
    March 17, 2017
    Minot, Maine
    Home Country
    Thanks, Breeze. I'll take a look at that time zone adjustment.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Great to hear it now is working as it should...

About the time zone adjustment... Maybe we can build this into EPG-Buddy too (as an input field next to the days to grab) so you may use your EPG without any adjustments elsewhere. Need to talk with @lightshock about this first, but I think it should be possible...

this was as easy as eating pie
    This is the main goal for EPG-Buddy, providing a good EPG with easy usage... Seems as if we finally hit our target for USA users too. Great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom