Tools and other software EPG-Buddy ATSC USA Testing (1 Viewer)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You were keeping the channel lists in the file WebGrab++.config.xml
    From that I was able to add my missing channels but now I cannot locate it.
    Did you go with a 100% database?
    Is there some way I can force the info in?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Another question.
    In the EPG-Grabber.log, at the bottom are 2 lines I do not understand seeing this is the First time the grabber is getting the channels and finds them all....

[2017-04-25 17:47:07,052] [INFO ] [GETCHANNELS ] [2 ] Remove missing channels
    [2017-04-25 17:47:07,060] [INFO ] [GETCHANNELLIST ] [3 ] Get channellist for grabbing.
    :confused:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You were keeping the channel lists in the file WebGrab++.config.xml
    WebGrab has nothing to do with tvguide.com support inside EPG-Buddy. It's a completely independent module.
    There are various completely independent EPG data source modules in EPG-Buddy. One of those modules is WebGrab, another one is TVSpielfilm (what I use for my EPG data at home), that is working without any part of WebGrab, another one is tvguide.com (what you are using for your EPG data), that also is working without any part of Webgrab or TVSpielfilm,.. All modules, excerpt for the WebGrab module itself of course, would work even if you remove the WebGrab folder and installation completely.

The channel lists and EPG data are downloaded directly from www.tvguide.com or www.TVSpielfilm.de or www.epgData.com by our backend, "EPG-Grabber.exe" and stored in our own database "EPG-Buddy.s3db".

The Clickfinder module uses it's own data downloader (clickfinder.exe, not delivered with EPG-Buddy because it's closed source and commercial), and so does the WebGrab module, that uses WebGrab+Plus.exe as downloader. As WebGrab is not commercial it is delivered with EPG-Buddy for your comfort...

For some strange reasons we don't know jet, those two channels you're missing are not stored in the db... I could reproduce this here so it's definitely an issue with our program, but as told, I don't know the root cause of this now.

As a workaround until we fix this, you can grab data for the two missing channels with the webgrab module, if you like. EPG-Buddy will combine the results of both modules to get a full blown EPG for your TV server... The majority of my TV channels get it's EPG data from TVSpielfilm but additionally I'm grabbing data for 4 channels with webgrab, as those 4 channels are not available on TVSpielfilm. So this scenario is not unusual and was planed as part of EPG-Buddy right from the beginning.

Edit:
    The reason for not using WebGrab for all channels is speed. WebGrab reads the websites program after program. This is very time consuming but also very universal. That's why WebGrab supports so much websites. The other sources supported in EPG-Buddy (tvguide.com, tvspielfilm.de and epgData.com) provide their data as direct download, what is faster a lot. Grabbing EPG data for 60 channels and 14 days lasts around 5 minutes when downloaded directly. WebGrab needs around 45 Minutes for the same amount of data. But direct download is different for every website and many websites didn't deliver their data in a downloadable form at all. They want their users to see the commercials on their websites... That's the reason why we try to support many direct downloadable EPG- data provider...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom