EPG USA setup using xmltv. STICK THIS! (1 Viewer)

Jakeao

Portal Member
January 20, 2006
I keep getting this error when I try to run the grabber.

etching from DataDirect: Fetched 0 k/bytes in 7 seconds
##################################################
loading data: #################################################
WARNING: error parsing DD xml: ERROR: FETCH ERROR401 Unauthorized at /PerlApp/gr
ab/na_dd/tv_grab_na_dd line 705.

Partial XML follows:
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>401 Unauthorized</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><H1>401 Unauthorized</H1
></BODY></HTML>

ERROR: Bad XML from DD, cannot continue

I know Ihave an active account and am 100% certain I typed my password in correctly. I've tried it severl times and nothing. any ideas? thanks

Tech Geek

Portal Pro
January 29, 2006
Denver, CO USA
Jakeao said:
I know Ihave an active account and am 100% certain I typed my password in correctly. I've tried it severl times and nothing. any ideas? thanks

Try deleting the file that holds the XMLTV setup and run the setup again from the command line.

Delete all the files from the XMLTV directory and unpack the latest XMLTV files to the directory again. Then run the setup again.

Try setting up a different account.

Tech Geek

Portal Pro
January 29, 2006
Denver, CO USA
There is mention of a Perl .dll conflict that cases crashing in the text files with the XMLTV package. If you have an old version installed you need to uninstall it and then install the new version or something like that. I'm not sure that's what is causing your problem though.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    In the first post... this line is wrong.

1) Open command prompt (windows key r > cmd). Type cd c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\xmltv. Type xmltv tv_grab_dd_na --configure. Resume Step 8 from above.

It should be tv_grab_na_dd and not tv_grab_dd_na.

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This method seems to work great (as opposed to WebEPG) so far, but as far as the task scheduler goes, it still asks me for a password (to download from zap2it.com). How do I make it so it remembers my password (thus making it completely automated)?

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    The password should be in your tv_grab_na_dd.conf file. It should look like this:

username: ASiDiE
    password: mprules
    timezone: -0700
    lineup: CO58527:D
    channel: 64 AMC
    channel: 41 AETV

I then created a bat file that looks like this:

xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 7 --output tvguide.xml

I then set up scheduler to hit that bat file at night.

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    ASiDiE said:
    The password should be in your tv_grab_na_dd.conf file. It should look like this:

username: ASiDiE
    password: mprules
    timezone: -0700
    lineup: CO58527:D
    channel: 64 AMC
    channel: 41 AETV

I then created a bat file that looks like this:

xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 7 --output tvguide.xml

I then set up scheduler to hit that bat file at night.

I just tried this out... I added in the 'password:' field into the .conf file (it wasn't there before), and when I run the .bat file it still asks me for the password. However, it does download the television listings properly.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    when it asks you for the password, do you need to type it in every time? Mine says something about the password, that it is in plain text and should be protected, but then goes on to download the guide.

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    ASiDiE said:
    when it asks you for the password, do you need to type it in every time? Mine says something about the password, that it is in plain text and should be protected, but then goes on to download the guide.

Alright I figured out the problem. There are two .conf files, one of them in the /xmltv/ folder (and this is the one I had previously edited), and one of them in /xmltv/.xmltv/, and this is the one that is used. So I edited that file and now it works like a charm. Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom