Expand TVSeries to a sister plugin? My Films? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swe_rush

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    great with much interesst in this thread i think this is gonna be just as big or bigger! as TVseriers plugin ! great fforde !

now just a thought, with this having to decide what movie to watch, often i'd like to see trailer for the movie.
    would it be possible to have so that when browsing movies you could press "info" button and there have "watch trailer" ?

trailers would first have to be downloaded and put in "trailer" directory and matched with movies in configuration mode or something like that. dont know if one could make a script that download movie automaticly from apple or moviemaze... for start users would probably have to download them manually, but that is something i would like.

hope at least this is something you could consider for future releases :D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    great with much interesst in this thread i think this is gonna be just as big or bigger! as TVseriers plugin ! great fforde !

now just a thought, with this having to decide what movie to watch, often i'd like to see trailer for the movie.
    would it be possible to have so that when browsing movies you could press "info" button and there have "watch trailer" ?

trailers would first have to be downloaded and put in "trailer" directory and matched with movies in configuration mode or something like that. dont know if one could make a script that download movie automaticly from apple or moviemaze... for start users would probably have to download them manually, but that is something i would like.

hope at least this is something you could consider for future releases :D

Yeah, armandp has done a little work on this plug-in and he is also working on a Apple Trailers streaming video plug-in. We talked a little bit (very briefly) about setting up the back-end of the trailers plug-in to work as a service for other parts of MediaPortal (i.e. Moving Pictures, the movie plug-in I am working on). Like I said it was very brief, kind of a gee wiz thing, but the thoughts are there and I think armandp's goals with his trailer stuff is to keep the back end and the presentation separate. So wouldn't surprise me if there was trailer functionality sooner or later.

swe_rush

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    yeah streaming is nice. but i download 1080p trailers they are hard to stream with most internet connections. so a function for matching the trailers with the movies database and have "info button" open the info menu and there have the alternative "watch trailer" would not be as complicated to start with. but as said this is something maybe to think about when everything else is done. :)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    You're right, downloading is important too, especially since something streaming wont stay online forever. This probably wont be gotten to for a while, but I added an item to the Issue Tracker for this. If you have any other ideas, if you put them in the comments for the issue, they will be read by whoever implements it eventually.

Issue 26 - moving-pictures - Google Code

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    I have a couple of days free so let me know if you need any beta testing/ skin design etc
    ps I believe that xbmc also uses IMDB number as the image identifier

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Bad timing, I am leaving tomorrow for a business trip until Friday. I PMed you to discuss though.

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    May I suggest splitting this topic to a new one? This plugin deserves at least it's own topic :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    At this moment in time, there is no plugin.

When there is, it can have its own thread and this one can be closed.

Regards

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    May I suggest splitting this topic to a new one? This plugin deserves at least it's own topic :)

When I release the first version I'll make a new thread; when buzz starts getting generated I want people to be able to download and play around with the plug-in right away, lest they forget about it. But PD, I didn't realize we were that draconian about thread creation around here. :mad:

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Are we still looking like this will be available at the end of August? Can't wait to try it and start offering feedback.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom