Expressions/Rules requests (1 Viewer)

ScoopD

Portal Member
April 24, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
Series\Series - Season <season number> - Episode <episode number> (<episode title>)

Series\Series - Season <season number> - Episode <episode number>

Series\Series - Episode <episode number>

Without offering a solution, the first two should be easily parsed. The problem will be with the file that has no season. The three absolutely required pieces of info are -
1. Series name
2. Season Number
3. Episode Number
Without those three there is no way to correctly determine what episode the file is.

For clarification, do you actually have the words "Season" and "Episode" in your file name - to give an example following your info -

Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Season 1 - Episode 6 (Dungeons & Dragons).avi

That's a really long file name. Have you thought of shortening the season/episode part to something like - S01E06

Salem

Portal Pro
March 10, 2008
Cambridgeshire, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Series\Series - Season <season number> - Episode <episode number> (<episode title>)

Series\Series - Season <season number> - Episode <episode number>

Series\Series - Episode <episode number>

Without offering a solution, the first two should be easily parsed. The problem will be with the file that has no season. The three absolutely required pieces of info are -
1. Series name
2. Season Number
3. Episode Number
Without those three there is no way to correctly determine what episode the file is.

Oh, i guess some of them having no season will be a problem. So, would i just have to name the file with no season number as "Season 0"?

For clarification, do you actually have the words "Season" and "Episode" in your file name - to give an example following your info -

Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Season 1 - Episode 6 (Dungeons & Dragons).avi

That's a really long file name. Have you thought of shortening the season/episode part to something like - S01E06

Yes that is correct. I Have thought abit about shortening the naming. But have as yet not decided to. I think i will have to though is it makes everything easier

ScoopD

Portal Member
April 24, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
All of the data from this plugin comes from Online TV Database - An open directory of television shows for HTPC software - you should check out your shows there. The shows with only episodes are probably season 1, not 0.

Basically the easier you make it for the plugin to work out what the show/season/episode is the easier the whole process becomes. The episode name comes from the database, not your file, so that info is the only part that you may want to keep in your file name, but is not required for the plugin.

Does that make sense?

Salem

Portal Pro
March 10, 2008
Cambridgeshire, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
All of the data from this plugin comes from Online TV Database - An open directory of television shows for HTPC software - you should check out your shows there. The shows with only episodes are probably season 1, not 0.

Basically the easier you make it for the plugin to work out what the show/season/episode is the easier the whole process becomes. The episode name comes from the database, not your file, so that info is the only part that you may want to keep in your file name, but is not required for the plugin.

Does that make sense?

YEh it does, thanks:)

xanderificus

Portal Member
August 21, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Just need it recognized

I posted this solo but then realized it should probably go here.

I'm trying to parse the following filename format into ANYTHING that the plugin will recognize:

The.Daily.Show.04.15.2008.PDTV.XviD-0TV.[VTV].avi

Here's the thing: I know it can't convert the date of broadcast into the season.episode. That's okay.
I will settle for it turning it into (in this example), S04.E15 ... or equivalent.

All that matters is that it thinks it's recognized it and that it's not sitting hidden away as unimported. I've tried to adapt some of the stuff from page 8 (re: BeyondTV) but, for all my strengths, I'm lost when it comes to RegEx.

:D

Edit: I'll add that I've tried the Simple: \<series> <season> <episode> 2008 <title>.<ext> to no avail.

LXTR

Portal Pro
November 27, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Just a question... maybe someone can help me.

I want to display series rating logos.
If i do a formatting rule to round the rating (so 8,6 is 9 etc...) ¿should i do a rule to show the logo too? I mean... ¿do i need a logo rule to show the 9 stars logo when 8,6 rating or can i do it all from the formatting rules?

I'm getting a little fool trying it...

tki

Portal Member
April 10, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Should work no??

Hi - Have been trying various mods to the expressions for the past hour now, but I can't get my files to parse.

All my episodes are as follows:
T:\TV\<series>\Season <season>\<episode> - <title>.<ext>

e.g.:
T:\TV\House\Season 3\04 - Lines in the Sand.avi

I have set T:\TV as the import dir, and i am using a simple expression:

\<series>\Season <season>\<episode - <titile>.<ext>

so what am i missing?? - for some reason "T:\TV\Top Gear\Season 7\Top Gear - [07x02] - 2005.11.20.avi" passes perfectly with this setup. Unfortunately this is the exception to my naming convention and the only folder I would expect not to parse correctly.

Any help would be hugely appreciated as I can really see this plugin taking my mediaportal setup from "awesome" to "wicked awesome!!":D

xanderificus

Portal Member
August 21, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Did you spell it "titile" in the expression?

EDIT: Since I asked my own question 5 days ago without reply, I've had to create an AutoIt script that parses the filename and renames it. I guess I stumped the locals.

tki

Portal Member
April 10, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
no - but well spotted - just another question: what would I put in place of <title> if I was to just ignore the title that I have in the filename and let mp tv series deal with it?

Really keen to get this sorted, but I'm really stumped

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom