Expressions/Rules requests (1 Viewer)

xuxo

Portal Member
February 6, 2008
hi everybody too :)

quick question: is there a way to skip files, while parsing?

look at my folder structure:

Lost\Lost Season 1\Lost S01E01.mpg
Lost\Lost Season 1\Lost S01E01.ifo

If I parse with the default expressions, I will get two entries in the DB, but I need only the reference to the mpg file...

Thx for any help in advance!

scma

Portal Pro
December 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi everybody,

I just installed the new version of MP 1.0.0.0 and I am experiencing some problems with parsing series.

When I load the default reg ex most of my series are parsed fine like Alias S01E01.avi
Now I want to add Formula 1 - 2008x06 - Monaco.avi. Standard this is parsed at Formule 1 20 | 08 | 06 | monaco. But it sould be parsed as Formule 1 | 2008 | 06 | monaco.

If I add the regex (?<series>[\w]+)\s*(?<season>\d{4})x(?<episode>\d{1,2}) and uncheck the other regexes, it parses fine, but all the other series turn red.
When I add the regex and leave the others checked it is parsed as Formule 1 20 | 08 | 06 | monaco.

It doesn't matter if I put the (?<series>[\w]+)\s*(?<season>\d{4})x(?<episode>\d{1,2}) as first or last, it seems the default regex is overwriting it.

Any help?

move it to the top of the list

bryanbahr

February 9, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Problem Importing TV Shows- Rookie

So I just downloaded Media Portal yesterday and am loving it so far. But Im having a hard time importing all my tv shows. They are all very organized on my hard drive in this way:

example:

G:\TV Shows\Seinfeld\Season 8\08 13 The Soup ****.avi

I have like 400 shows, so renaming the files is not an option.

How can I import these or parse them so that they can download the info that makes this program so awesome?

Thanks!!

Note-

The censor covered the word "Notsie" with astericks above, there is not four astericks at the end of each file.

Thanks

mrbunny_nz

Portal Member
November 28, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
So I just downloaded Media Portal yesterday and am loving it so far. But Im having a hard time importing all my tv shows. They are all very organized on my hard drive in this way:

example:

G:\TV Shows\Seinfeld\Season 8\08 13 The Soup ****.avi

I have like 400 shows, so renaming the files is not an option.

How can I import these or parse them so that they can download the info that makes this program so awesome?

Thanks!!

Note-

The censor covered the word "Notsie" with astericks above, there is not four astericks at the end of each file.

Thanks

I'm having a similar problem, i have a number of series in the form C:\video\TV Shows\Mad Men\Season 1\S01E01 - Smoke Gets in Your Eyes

If anyone could help me out with how to pharse these that would be great

mcmanuss8

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Can anyone help with this one? I tried to familiarize myself with the regexp logic, but just couldn't figure it out at all.

I'm having problems with files named:

The.Daily.Show.06.05.2008.DSR.XviD-0TV.[VTV].avi
    The.Colbert.Report.06.05.2008.DSR.XviD-0TV.[VTV].avi
    Band.Of.Brothers.eps05.2001.HDRE.x264.dts-SiLU.mkv
    This regex supports e.g. X:\tv\The.Daily.Show.06.05.2008.DSR.XviD-0TV.[VTV].avi

(?<series>[a-z \.]*)(?<season>[0-9]{2})(\.|-)(?<episode>[0-9]{2})(\.|-)[0-9]{2}[a-z -\[\]]*\.(?<ext>[^.]*)

And this Regex supports

X:\The Daily Show\The.Daily.Show.06.05.2008.DSR.XviD-0TV.[VTV].avi

(?<series>[^\\\[]*)\\[a-z \.]*(?<season>[0-9]{2})(\.|-)(?<episode>[0-9]{2})(\.|-)[0-9]{2}[a-z -\[\]]*\.(?<ext>[^.]*)

So the episode needs to be in a folder with the series name

The date is parsed as season and episode so it won't be correct name or summary of the show, but it works

I'm not sure I'm doing this right, but this SEEMS to work for the new naming convention the Daily Show avi files seem to have (i.e. The.Daily.Show.2009.01.19.DSR.XviD-0TV.[VTV].avi):

(?<series>[^\\\[]*)\\[a-z \.]*[0-9]{4}(\.|-)(?<season>[0-9]{2})(\.|-)(?<episode>[0-9]{2})(\.|-)*\.(?<ext>[^.]*)

Basically, just tried to take into account the 4 digit year that may occur first in the filename. Other than that, should work similarly to the other regex (i hope!)

So this is sort of off topic to regexps for MP-TV in general, but I couldn't find any other mention of anyone else having a similar problem in my quick search.

I'm running into the same problem as above, but instead of having the season/episode be wrong, I'd like MP-TV to support something like this:

<series> - <year> <month> <day>.<ext>
    (with normal padding and such thrown in of course).

MP-TV would then lookup what episode was aired on that day, and import the file as the corresponding episode. I filed an enhancement request for this here:

Issue 127 - mptvseries - Support for <year> <month> <day> => <season> <episode> while parsing filenames - Google Code

If you'd like to see it too, please speak up. In the meantime, I may look into writing a quickie script that will rename files along the same logic before I dump them somewhere MP-TV can see.

scma

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, I use this expr. for daily shows, the problem is that thetvdb expects them to be in the format 2009-02-14 i.e. with dashes and most files uses dots. so having mp-tvseries do some reformating would help

(?<series>[^$]+).(?<FirstAired>((19|20)(\d{2})(.|-|/)([0-3]\d)(.|-|/)([0-3]\d)))(?<title>(?![^\\]*?sample)[^$]*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)

PS.
    Oh, and I almost forgot, I have to use a really old db file to get this to work otherwise the episode don't show up even tho they're parsed properly.
    DS.

ChriZ

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Well, I use this expr. for daily shows, the problem is that thetvdb expects them to be in the format 2009-02-14 i.e. with dashes and most files uses dots. so having mp-tvseries do some reformating would help

(?<series>[^$]+).(?<FirstAired>((19|20)(\d{2})(.|-|/)([0-3]\d)(.|-|/)([0-3]\d)))(?<title>(?![^\\]*?sample)[^$]*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)

PS.
    Oh, and I almost forgot, I have to use a really old db file to get this to work otherwise the episode don't show up even tho they're parsed properly.
    DS.

Okay, I'd add in a request for this too what do you mean about using a old db file? Is there any way to get this to work with the newest release?

In the meantime, while this isn't working, how do I import seasons with more than 100 episodes, like this: Donald Duck - Short Films: Season 1 Episode List
    - guess it should be possible to edit one of the default expressions somehow?

/Christian

KeKs0r

Portal Member
    October 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Guys,

i tried many regex expressions from this topic, but none has worked fine.

My folder structure is:
    <series>/Season <Season/[Filename]

By using the default regex i have problems with the filenames because they are like this:
    rsg-prisonbreakxvid.s02e01.avi or just
    pb-s03e02.avi

the plugin thinks the series name is "pb" .....
    so i want the folder name as identifier for the series and the filename only for the episode.

Another problem is that in some cases the filename differs from the s[xx]e[xx] structure, for example these files :
    bt-pb310-ger-sub.avi
    01.Bernard-Hoehenrausch.avi
    3-01 - Ein Urlaub mit Maedchen und Fischen.avi
    Dr. House.Staffel04.08.avi

but it would not be that difficult to rename them. Most important for me is that everything else works well. Does anyone have an idea for a regex for this case?

thanks,
    Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom