Expressions/Rules requests (3 Viewers)

tgoalves

January 31, 2010
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Hi, guys, i really need some help to parse some episodes that i've burned on DVD. The thing is, i've renamed the episodes to portuguese, and i cant parse them.

Here is how i rename it: for instance, "lost S05E05.mkv" was burned as "Lost - 5a. Temp. - Ep. 05.mkv". In other words: S05 = 5a. Temp.; E05 = Ep. 05.

Can someone write me the expression that alows me to parse them?

Thanks in advance.

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
January 29, 2005
Halle (Saale)
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Expressions/Rules requests

Hi!

Is it possible to parse one episode that is split in 2 files? Some explanation: In tvdb e.g. the last episode of "Scrubs" season 8 is listed as one episode ("My Finale") but it is a double-length episode and at least in German it is split into 2 episodes ("Mein Finale (1)" + "Mein Finale (2)") (another example is M*A*S*H season 4 episode 1). As the team of tvdb won't split this (see here): How can I setup mytvseries to parse this correct? My current regex looks like this:
Code:
^(?<series>[^\\$]*)\\S(?<season>[0-9]{1,2})\\(((?<episode>[0-9\W]+)\+(?<episode2>[0-9\W]+))|(?<episode>[0-9\W]+))(( |)(-( |)|))(?<title>[^$]*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: AW: Expressions/Rules requests

Hi!

Is it possible to parse one episode that is split in 2 files? Some explanation: In tvdb e.g. the last episode of "Scrubs" season 8 is listed as one episode ("My Finale") but it is a double-length episode and at least in German it is split into 2 episodes ("Mein Finale (1)" + "Mein Finale (2)") (another example is M*A*S*H season 4 episode 1). As the team of tvdb won't split this (see here): How can I setup mytvseries to parse this correct? My current regex looks like this:
    Code:
    ^(?<series>[^\\$]*)\\S(?<season>[0-9]{1,2})\\(((?<episode>[0-9\W]+)\+(?<episode2>[0-9\W]+))|(?<episode>[0-9\W]+))(( |)(-( |)|))(?<title>[^$]*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

TheTVDb isn't going to budge, and I understand their reasoning. MP-TVSeries doesn't have multi-part support (as far as I know), so what you are trying to do will be in short 'impossible'. An easy alternative solution would be to just remux both seperate files together as 1.

"AVI Mux GUI" can do this for AVI and MKV files real easy and it will take a few seconds to do so, as no transcoding is being done. It can even create chapter info, so you can jump easy to the start of the '2nd episode' within the single new file you created. This can be done automatic based on the merging, where each file is taken as a chapter.

AVI Mux GUI -> Settings -> Input -> General -> enable checkbox for "generate chapters from filenames".

You can also verify all the settings under Output -> MKV Structure -> Page 1, 2 and 3... but the default settings should be good to go.

Drag and drop your 2 files into the top area (or right click inside of it and use "add"). Then multi-select the files in the right order. So hold down CTRL key, select first file, then second, etc. Then click on the large button "generate data source from files". You can also add SRT subtitle files, or other audio tracks if needed.

Verify chapters are created correctly via the "Chapters" button, and you can also edit things (add in more chapters, or adjust the existing markes).

After you are satisfied, click the "Start" button and feed it a name on how to store your new merged result (be sure to select MKV if you want to use chapters), and then wait a few seconds and you are done.

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Expressions/Rules requests

TheTVDb isn't going to budge, and I understand their reasoning. MP-TVSeries doesn't have multi-part support (as far as I know), so what you are trying to do will be in short 'impossible'. An easy alternative solution would be to just remux both seperate files together as 1.

"AVI Mux GUI" can do this for AVI and MKV files real easy and it will take a few seconds to do so, as no transcoding is being done. It can even create chapter info, so you can jump easy to the start of the '2nd episode' within the single new file you created. This can be done automatic based on the merging, where each file is taken as a chapter.

AVI Mux GUI -> Settings -> Input -> General -> enable checkbox for "generate chapters from filenames".

You can also verify all the settings under Output -> MKV Structure -> Page 1, 2 and 3... but the default settings should be good to go.

Drag and drop your 2 files into the top area (or right click inside of it and use "add"). Then multi-select the files in the right order. So hold down CTRL key, select first file, then second, etc. Then click on the large button "generate data source from files". You can also add SRT subtitle files, or other audio tracks if needed.

Verify chapters are created correctly via the "Chapters" button, and you can also edit things (add in more chapters, or adjust the existing markes).

After you are satisfied, click the "Start" button and feed it a name on how to store your new merged result (be sure to select MKV if you want to use chapters), and then wait a few seconds and you are done.
    :D for this detailed information but I forgot to mention that I already merged the 2 files into one (without chapters though). I was just curious if it could work in another way...
    Maybe I give AVI Mux GUI a try so your effort wouldn't be for nothing. And maybe I should do a feature request on the issue tracker (if not yet done by someone) for multi-file support.

EDIT: Done!

fleu

March 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I have a problem. I couldn't create a rule for my Seinfled collection

example: H:\Seinfeld\Season 1 - [DVD]\003 - The Robbery - [DVD].avi

anybody knows what to typ?

thanks

Hillbillie

Portal Member
    June 19, 2009
    Arkansas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Got a request. I saw some similar to this but not exactly. Any help would be appreciated.

Here are a few examples of my path.

D:\Movies\TV Series\J.A.G\Season 10\01 A New Life.avi the 01 is episode #
    D:\Movies\TV Series\Man vs. Wild\Season 5\01 Baja Desert.avi
    D:\Movies\TV Series\Sea Patrol\Season 3\01 Catch and Release.avi

thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    example: H:\Seinfeld\Season 1 - [DVD]\003 - The Robbery - [DVD].avi

RegExp: \\(?<series>[^\\$]+)\\Season\s(?<season>\d+).*\\(?<episode>\d+)\s-\s(?<title>.+)\s-\s.*\.(?<ext>[^.]*)

Here are a few examples of my path.

D:\Movies\TV Series\J.A.G\Season 10\01 A New Life.avi the 01 is episode #
    D:\Movies\TV Series\Man vs. Wild\Season 5\01 Baja Desert.avi
    D:\Movies\TV Series\Sea Patrol\Season 3\01 Catch and Release.avi

RegExp: \\(?<series>[^\\$]+)\\Season\s(?<season>\d+)\\(?<episode>\d+)\s(?<title>.*)\.(?<ext>.*)

nhubbers

March 16, 2010
    HELP!

can't get it right... its driving me crazy...

can someone help me out with the following paths

South park\Season 3\301 - Rainforest Schmainforest_www.mrtwig.net.avi
    South park\Season 10\1006 - Manbearpig.avi
    South park\Season 1\Damien.avi
    Family Guy\Season 7\S07E03 - Road to Germany.avi

Thanx in advance!

fleu

March 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    thanks RoChess but I stil couldn't parse the seinfeld directories. Got another tip :)?

greetz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom