Extensions: A GUI Plugin for MediaPortal's MPEI Installer (1 Viewer)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I think there is a major flaw in the plugin when installing stuff like latest BackupSettings from MP since it requires user interaction during the installation. It is almost impossible to click the dialogs through since MPEI plugin sets itself top of all other windows..

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Extensions Plugin for MpeInstaller (Updated on 25-04-2011)

I think there is a major flaw in the plugin when installing stuff like latest BackupSettings from MP since it requires user interaction during the installation. It is almost impossible to click the dialogs through since MPEI plugin sets itself top of all other windows..

I have the same problem.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The Extensions plugin is designed to run the installations of MPEI's silently, so its the job of the MediaPortal MPEI Installer/Installation Author to handle this correctly. A Silent Install means no dialogs should popup and wait for response.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Still, since this scenario is possible & probably common, there should be some other way around than the current where you need to kill the MPEI process in Task Manager to be able to click the dialogs & complete plugin install manually. After this the other annoying thing is that when you start MP again MPEI Plugin thinks that there are still pending installation of the problematic plugin and reports that all the time with OK dialog.

petecallaghan

Portal Member
    January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

This is also a problem for me. The Extensions plugins also fails to clear the pending update task and always displays a dialog when starting MP. Is it possible to clear this pending task?

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Extensions Plugin for MpeInstaller (Updated on 25-04-2011)

The author of the Backup settings plugin won't fix this problem. habe a look at the Backup settings plugin thread.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

This is also a problem for me. The Extensions plugins also fails to clear the pending update task and always displays a dialog when starting MP. Is it possible to clear this pending task?

It is, you need to change the view to something like "tasks" (I can't tell you exactly, since it is only available if there are tasks which are not finished). There you will see what tasks are still pending and by pressing the menu button on one of those you can select to delete it.

petecallaghan

Portal Member
    January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

It is, you need to change the view to something like "tasks" (I can't tell you exactly, since it is only available if there are tasks which are not finished). There you will see what tasks are still pending and by pressing the menu button on one of those you can select to delete it.

Thanks very much for that info. I'll give it a go.
    :D

spitjo

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Udine
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Latest version is not loaded by mediaportal 1.2.1
    It appear in plugins section of configuration but is not present in frontend
    Can't find something useful in logs

EDIT: Strange, after 3 mp restart the plugin appeared......

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New release (v1.0.6) available:

* Added validation of settings manually entered via keyboard for integer (number) types.
    * Added a 'Restore Defaults' button in skin so that default settings can be restored to all settings in the current section.
    * Added context menu in Settings GUI to allow user to restore the default value of the currently selected setting as well as option to restore all defaults (in case skin does not support button).
    * Fixed issues with settings window not working properly if there were some settings missing key attributes. This occurred in latest OnlineVideos release.

Download Here or update with-in MediaPortal/Extensions Installer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom