Extensions: A GUI Plugin for MediaPortal's MPEI Installer (1 Viewer)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    THX Damien, just checked whether I have coded correctly, and yes, I have this string in but the info still shows ;)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    THX Damien, just checked whether I have coded correctly, and yes, I have this string in but the info still shows ;)
    Thanks for confirming catavolt, im not sure why that skin condition is failing then...could there be a skin engine bug perhaps? Im pretty sure if you set two labels with both of those properties they should be seen as NOT equals, , maybe you can confirm. If they are equal then its definitely a plugin bug.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Will try to set my MP to English and see if the condition works - THX offbyone ;)
    Here is a test I did, below code is the actual xml code to show the downloads field:

Code:
    <control Style="smallTitle">
          <type>fadelabel</type>
          <posX>500</posX>
          <posY>357</posY>
          <width>428</width>
          <!-- Show Downloads and Hits -->
          <label>#(string.format('{0:#,0} ({1:#,0} #MPEI.Translation.Hits.Label)',cint(#MPE.Selected.Downloads),cint(#MPE.Selected.Hits)))</label>
          <animation effect="Fade" time="250">WindowOpen</animation>
          <animation effect="Fade" time="100">WindowClose</animation>
          <visible>string.equals(#MPE.View.Name,#MPEI.Translation.MPOnlineExtensions.Label)</visible>
        </control>
    This should only be visible as mentioned earlier when the two strings #MPE.View.Name and #MPEI.Translation.MPOnlineExtensions.Label are equal.

I also added a label which evaluates the two properties:
    Code:
    <control Style="smallTitle">
          <type>fadelabel</type>
          <posX>500</posX>
          <posY>680</posY>
          <width>428</width>
          <!-- Show Downloads and Hits -->
          <label>#MPE.View.Name,#MPEI.Translation.MPOnlineExtensions.Label</label>      
    </control>

This shows the label as NEW Extensions,MP WEBSITE EXTENSIONS. Clearly these two labels are not equal but for some reason the skin thinks so.

I also attached two screenshots as proof with the properties output to screen highlighted in red.

Attachments

• correct.jpg
      correct.jpg
      97.4 KB
    • incorrect.jpg
      incorrect.jpg
      111.9 KB

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I did also some testing and when I replace the the label property '#MPEI.Translation.MPOnlineExtensions.Label' of the visibility condition by the string:

Code:
    <visible>string.equals(#MPE.View.Name,#MPEI.Translation.MPOnlineExtensions.Label)</visible>

into

Code:
    <visible>string.equals(#MPE.View.Name,MP Website Extensions)</visible>

it works fine, so it seems MP1.3.0Alpha doesn't like properties as condition. (In MP1.2.3 this works fine).

This is not a real solution because it will work only for the language used as condition.

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @pilehave have reported also something similar in the internal thread.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a question.. In the first place: why is the topicstart so old??? There is no information about a new(er) version..

But my real question is: I have downloaded the latest version from the Google repo (1.0.8.180) but when I see the details of the plugin is says: 1.0.8.179) as you can see in the image bellow.. What's the problem? :)

Attachments

• MPE1.jpg
      MPE1.jpg
      139.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom