F-Fwd TV stream on client - no preview. Just me? (1 Viewer)

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I have the same problem, on both my TV2 and TV3-server installations of MediaPortal.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    Hi

Can one of the developers please confirm if this issue is known and if they are looking into it? I'm asking because I'm thinking of switching back to "0.2.3.0 RC3" and working through the patches to see where all of this started.

BarrieSmith

Portal Member
    October 9, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes FF/Rewind used to work with preview. I am running just standalone MP and all my videos ad recorded TV do not display preview during FF/Rewind. This problem appears at some point after the release of RC3.

I've just some tests/experiments onmy standalone install . I Found that if you have the EVR set to ENABLED in the "Direct Show Filter Control" section in MP Config then ff/rwd don't work (curtainly not with my ATI card, an X850).

bigflause

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    just tried disabling EVR but it is still the same for me anyway? did you change any other settings?

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    I have now tried every setting to see if I can get it to work, but have not had any luck...some of the things I have done:

1) Changed Decoders
    2) Enable/Disable EVR
    3) Enable/Disabled Hardware acceleration
    4) Use/Dont-use VMR9 Exclusive mode
    5) Changed ATI catalyst driver versions
    6) Tried various skins.

My main-setup is as follows:

1) Intervideo 8 Decoder (winDVD 8)
    2) ATI HD 2600 XT
    3) Hauppauge PVR 500

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    OK, I've solved my problem....so now F-FWD works as it is supposed to....I'm so happy :D

It was related to my ATI HD 2600 XT drivers, or something that installs with the drivers. I un-installed all the ATI catalyst components, including CCC (Catalyst Control Centre) and the "WDM Drivers". The only thing I left was the actual Graphics-Drivers, and that solved it.

So just to make sure that it wasn't something that got corrupted I re-installed all the ATI components again to see what happens...and as expected F-Fwd stopped working again. Un-installed it again and F-FWD works again.....even with full hardware acceleration enabled..

Now I'm a happy man .... :D :D :D

bigflause

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    glad it works for you. I don't have a ATI card? I use a 8600GTS. maybe it has something to do with the drivers? I'll give it a try

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom