F-Fwd TV stream on client - no preview. Just me? (1 Viewer)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    geov,

can you post here a log with a working F-Fwd session and a log with a broke one so I can take a look at them and try to understand if it's something that can be fixed in MP...

Thanks in advance,

Simone

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    geov,

can you post here a log with a working F-Fwd session and a log with a broke one so I can take a look at them and try to understand if it's something that can be fixed in MP...

Thanks in advance,

Simone

Sorry Chemelli for ignoring you, I'll try to test it again when I get the time...

bigflause

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Mine has started working again. I have no idea how? latest SVN i've since updated GPU drivers and codecs.

Z/\ppos

Portal Member
    August 24, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just in case this is still an issue, I had the same problem (using Vista Ultimate with 0.2.3.0).

The cause for me was EVR being enabled. Once I disabled it, all is well and preview for FF and REW works fine now.

:)

Z/\ppos

Portal Member
    August 24, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The only other thing I found that caused the no fwd/rewind was the codec in use. For reasons that are beyond my knowledge some dont seem to be able to cope with it.
    I ended up using the DScaler codec. It was the only one that seemed to render fwd/reverse. Sorry I cant be more help! :(

CCob

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2008
    If I can remember correctly I use the standard MPV codec as I like the resulting picture I get on SD content scaled to 1080p. On the other hand for video payback I use Power DVD to use DXVA, and I think that works. I'll give it a try.

argypak

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2007
    Berwick
    Home Country
    Hi all,
    I have a similar problem with RC4
    I cannot get fwd / rev to work with preview.
    If I do it on the server its fine, but on the clients there is no preview.
    I have checked different codecs to no avail.
    I have tried VMR and EVR - no help
    I have tried reading DVR-MS files and this works better that reading the default .ts files.

Any help would be appreciated.
    I don't think its a graphics card issues as I have tried three clients with different hardware.
    I don't think its a network issue as on each client the network usage is minimal, upto 30% on a wireless connection
    no mor than 2.5% on the Gigabit connection.
    Any help would be appreciated.

CCob

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2008
    I wouldn't expect an answer to be honest. I have posted about the same issue in another thread, with no answers. Personally I think it's a bug but none of the devs seem interested in the issue. Don't get me wrong, I love media portal, but it's issues like this that prevent me from switching to my HTPC solution instead of my hardware PVR. Well there you go, rant over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom